Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2001 8:32:17 PM EDT
Hello, I realize this is an AR-15 forum but does anyone have any information on the Ruger Mini - 30? They seem reasonably priced and there are a lot of pre-ban hi-caps out in the market. Please advise. Thanks!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 8:36:01 PM EDT
[#1]
An AK is cheaper, better cheaper mags, more reliable and sometimes more accurate. An SKS is another better choice.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 8:57:00 PM EDT
[#2]
The mags are mostly made by triple k or USA mags. They mostly suck and rarely work. The only high caps that reliably work w/ them are ruger factory hi caps and PMI's, which are very hard to come by, and if you find one, it'll cost 100$. Save your money and buy a bushmaster AR for 800$. or an sks or AK.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:43:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
An AK is cheaper, better cheaper mags, more reliable and sometimes more accurate. An SKS is another better choice.
View Quote

I agree.  Get an Eastern Bloc AK (any country will do) or an SAR-1.  If you're looking at under $300, get an SKS.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:08:50 PM EDT
[#4]

putting aside mr ruger's negative opinions about aw's,

i agree id suggest an ak over a mini 30 also.
you can only do so much with a mini.

good quality ak goodies are plentyful and cheap also

Link Posted: 9/22/2001 6:55:04 AM EDT
[#5]
If you want a mini 30, get one.....certainly MUCH better than any sks.....and the ak facts stated here are true, but not everyone wants one, and there ARE some junk ones out there as well......the aftermarket mags are plentiful and cheap, and if you get one crap one out of four....oh well.....it is more accurate than it`s reputation and brownells carries any aftermarket stuff you might want, including heavy barrel if you wanted to spend the cash......I had a decent sks.....I would`nt compare it in any way to the quality of the ruger......if "cheap" is what you need, go the ak route........[argue]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top