Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#1]
This might be my first post (might have had one a few years back).  I've been reading for about a year and I've learned alot here.

Those of you who said that the G36 hadn't seen combat are incorrect.  CYoung was right.  There was footage in 1998? 1999? of some Yugoslavians trying to run a Bundeswher roadblock.  They were in a car that looked, ironically enough, like a Yugo.  The roadblock consisted of some type of truck, a Leopard MBT and a...squad? of Germans.  Three of them opened fire with G36's and one with a pistol!!!  The guys in the car didn't make it, unfortunately.  It all showed up rather nicely on CNN.  The G36's were shown close-up and were completely unmistakable.

Now, is that "combat proven?"  I doubt that one firefight proves much of anything (except that you shouldn't take a Yugo against a squad of German Infantrymen), but the rifle has at least had a glimpse of combat.

Good night everyone.  God bless America.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#2]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[/quote]Quoted:
1.) Kentucky (Pennsylvania) Squirrel Rifle
(used by our forefathers to great effect against the Brits at Lexington and Concord in 1775)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think that many rifles were used in these battles. [/quote]

ATTENTION! FESS PARKER ALERT! FESS PARKER ALERT!

The truth is: no evidence has been found that rifles were used at all at Concord or Lexington, by either side. What they used on both sides was mostly the Short Land Pattern Musket, of varying types. Civilians also used fowlers and old French and Dutch muskets of odd varieties, whatever they owned or could scrounge.

SLPM = official name of the "Brown Bess", the standard military assault weapon of the day. With it, the British were able to conquer much of the key trade and production areas of the world by the mid-19th century.

With the help of this military assault weapon.....of 1775, however, the Americans were able to wrest control away from the Crown, and set up their own independent nation.

(The above is part of an interpretation I give to the public at the North Bridge, at Minute Man National Historic Park in Concord/Lexington, MA, as a volunteer there, while in the uniform of a 1775 British Army Grenadier...the word "assault weapon" really makes the public sit up and take notice! It's fun to watch the "sheeple" start to come out of their media/establishment induced torpor....)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top