Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2001 3:24:32 PM EDT
Does it work or does it key-hole?  
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 3:52:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't tried that one yet but I think if the barrel was a 1in9 or a 1in7 twist it would be quite accurate.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."

Link Posted: 9/20/2001 4:00:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I shoot some Federal Gold Medal Match out of my Bushy AK Shorty - 14.5" barrel with 1.5" AK brake.  Never a problem with performance or accuracy.  Although, I really didn't notice a tremendous improvement over the American Eagle 55gr stuff.  Wierd, I notice a DRASTIC difference in my AR10 between the Gold Medal and the PMC cheap stuff.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#4]
As stated above, barrel length has nothing to do with it: it's all about the twist rate when it comes to bullet stabilization. For 69 grn, a a 1/9 would be good.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 4:34:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I have used fed 69 grain match in my armalite 16" carbine with good results.  my favorite ammo for accuracy is 68 gr black hills.  the price is right; check [url]www.georgiaprecision.com[/url].

so far, the 68-69 gr bullets are marginally the most accurate but i've been getting almost the same results with IMI 55gr.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 4:40:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Save the match ammo for your 20" rifle IMO. Unless you are using a scope on yer shorty at longer ranges (>100yds), you won't see much diff between match and ball. Maybe at 200 yards or beyond, would you notice a big diff, esp if the wind was blowing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top