Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 9/20/2001 12:09:41 PM EST
I may be acquiring a Marlin 39A in the near future and am unsure of the optics I want to get. I already have a single shot .22 with a decent scope that I use as a target gun so I would prefer to use this gun as a close-medium(10-50m) plinker and squirrel buster. I was considering some variety of red dot site. I see BSA red dots are pretty cheap but I'm sure about that brand name... any opinion on BSA or other brand (cheap) red dot sights. Thanks, Justin Ward
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 12:32:53 PM EST
btt
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 12:39:19 PM EST
A Tasco Accudot is a good red dot for the money. I put one on a S&W 22A and it works great. As far as scopes are concerned I think that Simmons makes a clear scope for the money in your price range. I don't know about BSA's red dots, I've heard they aren't that good, but I have never looked through one either.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 12:55:47 PM EST
I have had two Tascos and they performed well. My uncle is looking for a red dot and I am suggesting that to him. I paid about $50 and $60 for the two I had. I only got rid of them when I went to a Reflex and an Aimpoint. BSAs: I have heard about and experienced poor performance. In my mindfor red dots, BSA = cheap, Tasco = inexpensive. Big difference.
Top Top