Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2001 8:26:28 PM EDT
I thought this was pretty good.

Posted by Shadow Warrior.

I hope that the eyes of our government were watching when the planes were flown into the World Trade Center. I hope that they find out exactly how many people died. But most of all, I hope that they see how it could have been prevented.

The way I see it, they could have prevented all of this by placing bans on high capacity fuel tanks on airplanes like they have on gun mags. I don't know about the rest of you but all I need is one bullet to kill. Maybe if they would have had the airplane manufacturers make it to where the seats didn't lay back or leave the tray tables off this wouldn't have happened. And if they would have only had a waiting period and a background check on the people who bought the plastic used to make their knives with and the box cutters used to take over the planes, this would have never happened. But as we can all see, they were to busy trying to get our hunting rifles away from us.

Our government has failed to do their job to protect us from foreign enemies. They let them into our borders, gave them food, shelter and money to build with or buy buisnesses with. One of the people behind the disaster in New York could possably live next to you. When your neighbor got the call from his leader to start "Jihad", do you think he is going to grab a plastic knife or a box cutter and try taking over your pickup in your driveway knowing that you have 30 rounds of FMJ .223 in the mag of your AR-15 cocked and locked, ready to ventilate his ass with? No, he won't do it. But, getting on a plane with 78 other people that you know are not armed is another story. Our government were the ones that told those other 78 people to leave their guns at home or go to jail for a long time. Out of those 78 people, if only one would have been carrying a gun, this would have never happened. Everyone of them but maybe one would still be alive, that's not including the thousands that were killed in the buildings.

My question to the people of the country is this; If the government of this country has been trying to save lives by placing bans on weapons that most Americans use for sport and hunting, why were so many killed when a ban on plastic knives, box cutters and high capacity airplane fuel tanks could have kept this from happening? And seeing that the terrorists knew no one was armed on that plane, what would they think if they knew that none of us in this country were armed?

Our country was founded and keeps going on the principles of the Constitution. Our government wants to take that liberty away from us, the liberty that our ancestors fought and died for. If our government can't defend us from our enemies, who will?

Link Posted: 9/19/2001 9:48:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Exactly!  I pray everyday that We The People, will wake up any realise the simple truth that this writer, and and every member of this forum knows as common sense.  Don't disarm the good guys. (and girls)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top