Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2001 6:39:18 PM EDT
I think US will attack Iraq first.  Here's why:

Pretty good evidence Sodom was involved.  (SP intentional)

He has been a PIA for years and this is opportunity to "do him".

More important is his "bug" and nuke capacity which are a growing concern.  It is clear what he will do with those....

If Saudia Arabia and other Gulf states are considered our allies we will assume a duty to protect them.  When the bombs start falling on ANY moslem country, Iraq is likely to move on SA and Kuwait.  Hitting Iraq first and defanging that snake makes good sense.

Opinions?
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 6:40:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I think US will attack Iraq first.  Here's why:

Pretty good evidence Sodom was involved.  (SP intentional)

He has been a PIA for years and this is opportunity to "do him".

More important is his "bug" and nuke capacity which are a growing concern.  It is clear what he will do with those....

If Saudia Arabia and other Gulf states are considered our allies we will assume a duty to protect them.  When the bombs start falling on ANY moslem country, Iraq is likely to move on SA and Kuwait.  Hitting Iraq first and defanging that snake makes good sense.

Opinions?
View Quote

My opinion is that it's Sadam not Sodom [:D]

Ian
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 6:50:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I think your points are valid, but I don't think our military planners have formed a plan of attack yet.  We are applying tremendous political pressure and the threats of military action, to see what happens.  

We are most likely going to destabilize Pakistan in the near future if we land troops there.  I don't think we are going to do that.
The problem with going after Bin ladin, is that we don't really have a way to do that.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 6:54:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe its Sodomize.

[moon]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 7:02:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Ian, I prefer to refer to Sodom (and his wife, Gomorrah) as evidence of my opinion of him.  Most people are insulted by intentional mis-spelling of their name, and I intend to insult the asshole!

Why do we care if we destabilize Pakistan?  They can be more easily destroyed than Afganistan as there are a few targets rather than rock and tents.  When done we can just give the remains to India!  Far too much effort is being made to play nice with people who hate us and always will.  I think we need to demonstrate just how EVIL the US is when pissed!

IMHO this will expand to a war against islam despite our best efforts to prevent it.  I wonder which, if any, moslem nations will not join the war against us as we start killing large numbers of the vermin responsible.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 7:20:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree Iraq is in for destruction, also add the possibility of Syria.  Many Terror organizations are headquartered in Damascus.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 7:25:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I think Iraq was already hit in the past day or two.  I saw the report on CNN but I can't find the link anymore.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 8:04:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I wouldn't be surprised if Iraq's and Afghanistan's ass pounding is near simultaneous. our latest troop and naval moments reinforce this idea.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 8:06:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, you've got to admit that there are a lot more "spectacular targets" in Iraq than Afganistan — which makes them a ripe target for airpower and some of the other high-tech stuff that might be less effective in Afganistan.

Personally, I'd like to see the coalition kick off this war with a "dress rehearsal" on some of Saddam's palaces — Anybody know how  many of those things he's built over the years?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top