Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 9/18/2001 10:29:19 PM EDT
I know they have to do it, but damn, I was really looking forward to it this year. My company hired a boat to take us out on the bay to watch the Blue Angels. Crap. This is the San Francisco Fleet Week BTW.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 12:44:37 AM EDT
Uh,....I'm not trying to be "anal" or anything, but this IS about the Navy, right? Get it ? Fleet, Anal, Navy, San Fransisco?[;D]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 12:48:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By WSmac: Uh,....I'm not trying to be "anal" or anything, but this IS about the Navy, right? Get it ? Fleet, Anal, Navy, San Fransisco?[;D]
View Quote
Are you speaking from personal experience?
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 7:57:46 PM EDT
Nah, just personal ignorance! My wife's brother-in-law works in one of those high-rise buildings downtown San Francisco. One year, half their family was in his office watching the Blue Angels zipping past about eye-level (they even have some cool pic's). His office is something like 45 floors up. Now, that's how I'd like to watch them jets!
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 12:58:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2001 12:59:01 AM EDT by prk]
Originally Posted By WSmac: Nah, just personal ignorance! My wife's brother-in-law works in one of those high-rise buildings downtown San Francisco. One year, half their family was in his office watching the Blue Angels zipping past about eye-level (they even have some cool pic's). His office is something like 45 floors up. Now, that's how I'd like to watch them jets!
View Quote
I used to watch from the roof where I worked - good for following them around and keeping track of them. No more. I remember thinking that seeing A-4's (later the F-16's or was it 18's) seem to go between buildings, at least gave a hint of Beirut. The Brown Water Navy guys were cool, too, giving rides. 2 or three hour wait, but worth it!
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 1:15:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2001 1:16:21 AM EDT by Ulysse_Nardin_1846]
Originally Posted By prk:
Originally Posted By WSmac: Nah, just personal ignorance! My wife's brother-in-law works in one of those high-rise buildings downtown San Francisco. One year, half their family was in his office watching the Blue Angels zipping past about eye-level (they even have some cool pic's). His office is something like 45 floors up. Now, that's how I'd like to watch them jets!
View Quote
I used to watch from the roof where I worked - good for following them around and keeping track of them. No more. I remember thinking that seeing A-4's (later the F-16's or was it 18's) seem to go between buildings, at least gave a hint of Beirut. The Brown Water Navy guys were cool, too, giving rides. 2 or three hour wait, but worth it!
View Quote
It was F18. I think the Thunderbird's use F16's.
Top Top