Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2001 2:32:58 PM EDT
Am I supposed to tell the person at the counter it is a firearm? They told me that the box had to be unmarked.
The woman I spoke to on the phone said it had to be disassembled. Is this right? I have never heard of that before.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I just did it yesterday.  Yep. just tell them its a firearm to spook them and then just smile and swipe the card.  The box doesnt get marked, iit's no different from shipping a normal letter.

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 2:42:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it safe to trust advice from a mall ninja?

[:D]

Do I have to "disassemble" it?
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 3:13:35 PM EDT
[#3]
RECENTLY, i spoke with the postmaster
on this issue..his reply was that it should
be being shipped in a legal fashion ( non ffl
to ffl,or non ffl to non ffl in same state, or
non ffl to non ffl different state mailing label
made out "to:senders name, in care of recipients name mr/mrs:xxxx
and the current mailing recipients address as
it is legal to ship non ffl to non ffl as long
as its shipped to the sender c/0f the recipient,and the recipient SHOULD NOT OPEN THE
PACKAGE! IT SHOULD(uh huh) wait to be opened
by the sender when he/she arrives at that address it was shipped to for opening and useing in some legal function as going hunting
or target shooting....batf specifiys that you may ship it this way if your going to go to
where you shipped it and use it for a legal purpose...) and that it should be unloaded and
the bolt rmvd and placed with it if possible and shipped in a plain box , and that the postal
clerk has NO BUSINESS KNOWING ITS A FIREARM!
ITS JUST THEIR JOB TO MAIL THE BOX!
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:55:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is it safe to trust advice from a mall ninja?

[:D]

Do I have to "disassemble" it?
View Quote

He's leaving the country anyway so you'd be left on your own.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 11:13:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I just box it and ship it.  They never know what it is, nor do they care.  It's actually quite convenient.  I also ship handguns by seperating the slide and frame and shipping in seperate boxes...much cheaper than UPS or Fedex overnight.

Bradd
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 3:36:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Bradd D,
Except that is illegal unless you are an FFL.  The "frame" is the handgun as far as the Feds are concerned.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#8]
No, you do NOT have to tell them it's a firearm and it does NOT have to be disassembled.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top