Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2001 6:34:16 AM EDT
U.S. Officials have made a statement that when we act the Press will not be involved.  They say it will not be as in the Golf War.  The press will not be there to give out Intel.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:37:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:49:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah!  What the h*ll does the public need to know anyway?  They'd just start hasslin' us.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:55:25 AM EDT
[#3]
GOOD!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:55:33 AM EDT
[#4]
We don't need any press acting as a greeting committee, with TV cameras and Hollywood spotlights, on any beachheads we may be invading, or any drop zones we may be using.

If they want to go in after, to give Usama an idea of what is coming for him, that is fine.

But ONLY after, NOT before.

My $0.02
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:59:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Darn! And I was looking forward to [i]Desert Strom, Part Two
The Ass Whipping Continues.[/i]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:08:30 AM EDT
[#6]
More tnan any single entity, the press or the 5th estate should be keep out of anything and everything dealing with Bin Laden.  Peter Jennings took the Presidents statement about the old western wanted posters and kept up a rant about Dead or Alive.  The President expanded this to mean that Americans wanted justice.  I believe that Jennings is a smacked ass and will not be part of the solution to terrorism that our country seeks.  I seek justice also and if it is, Dead or Alive, so be it.  I have slowly absorbed as much as I could about what is going on and I just had to say something.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:32:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Of course it's for security reasons... but I like to think it's because Bush doesn't want anyone to see exactly how badly we waste them.

Besides,  who wants a bunch of bleeding hearts begging the government to stop the fight because they saw a little bit of the war they were begging the government to start.

Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:51:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They say it will not be as in the Golf War.
View Quote

Ah, the Golf War...It really looked as if Greg Norman would lead his men to victory until General Tiger Woods rallied our troops...
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 8:11:21 AM EDT
[#9]
http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/09/17/ret.us.secret.war/

For complete story see link:

By Jamie McIntyre
CNN Washington

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- America's "new war" against terrorism will be fought with unprecedented secrecy, including heavy press restrictions not seen for years, Pentagon sources said Monday.

Planning for possible military action has been "highly compartmentalized" to ensure the fewest number of people possible have access to classified war plans, the sources said
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 8:27:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Make no mistake, the irresponsible looney left in the mainstream media have brought this upon themselves.  It is their shame and they have no moral authority remaining.  What they have done to appropriate and coopt the First Amendment is nothing less than a crime committed upon the citizens of this country.

And that's the way I see it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 8:53:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I would very much like it documented, though so that future generations can enjoy the ass wipin' that will be handed down to those idiots.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 8:55:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
They say it will not be as in the Golf War.
View Quote

Ah, the Golf War...It really looked as if Greg Norman would lead his men to victory until General Tiger Woods rallied our troops...
View Quote

Rik -

Come on man, Don't pick on the guy.

You KNOW he was referring to the war involving the VW automobile.

[:D]

Link Posted: 9/18/2001 9:08:40 AM EDT
[#13]
I hate the liberal media as much as anyone, and I realize that the coverage we get from them is skewed and biased as all getout. I know in the past we have let them have way too info ahead of time when we have taken action.

But I find greatly expanded powers, combined with restricted press, combined with the idea that these folks were here in the US for years first - very chilling. I wanna kick butt OVER THERE as bad as anyone. But I fear we're creating a monster that will haunt us.

The press, as despicable as they have become, still serve a useful purpose. It takes all 10 to keep things in check folks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 9:20:58 AM EDT
[#14]
It will be documented for consumption later. I support this idea because I was around during the Vietnam War and I remember how the press behaved in Vietnam.

Every night there was pictures of all the killing, complete with 'body counts' supposedly to show that US soldiers had killed more enemy than we lost of our own.

It was a terrible thing and its what eventually turned Americans against fighting such a protracted war.

This same thing can happen again, imagine every night Uncle Dan on CBS showing bombed out "baby food factories", crying mothers holding their dead babies, small children with horrific wounds from errant missiles, etc. It can happen.

The military needs to clamp down tight on information, once the killing starts....

my 2 cents
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:59:17 AM EDT
[#15]
HEY!!! What about MY "right" to know?
Oh yea, it takes a back seat to our boys' right to come home alive.

Git some
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 11:01:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Took long enough.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top