Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2001 12:24:52 PM EDT
I'm looking for a list to use for a reference when you have a problem in your life. Example: When in sorrow - Read John 14.  If you are lonely and fearful - Read Psalm 23.  If you know of a list on the net it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Semper Fi

Smalls
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 12:58:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Here is the list I have.

Emergency Help Numbers

When in sorrow, John 14
When men fail you, Psalm 27
If you want to be fruitful, John 15
When you have sinned, Psalm 51
When you worry, Mathew 6:19-34
When you are in danger, Psalm 91
When God seems far away, Psalm 139
When your faith needs stirring, Hebrews 11
When you are lonely and fearful, Psalm 23
When you grow bitter and critical, I. Corinthians 13
For Paul's secret to happiness, Colossians 3:12-17
For understanding of Christianity, II. Corinthians 5:15-19
When you feel down and out, Romans 8:31
When you want peace and rest, Mathew 11:25-30
When the world seems bigger than God, Psalm 90
When you want Christian assurance, Romans 8:1-30
When you leave home for labor or travel, Psalm 121
When your prayers grow narrow or selfish, Psalm 67
For a great invention/opportunity, Isaiah 55
When you want courage for a task, Joshua 1
How to get along with fellow men, Romans 12
When you think of investments and returns, Mark 10
If you are depressed, Psalm 27
If your pocketbook is empty, Psalm 37
If you are losing confidence in people, I. Corinthians 13
If people seem unkind, John 15
If discouraged about your work, Psalm 126

Link Posted: 9/17/2001 1:45:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome!  I think I'll forward these on to my Minister.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:06:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Kpel308 I think you mean Luke 22:36..  He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one".  A great place to look up versus is [url]www.blueletterbible.org[/url]  I found it very useful in finding my favorite versus.

EDITED: BTW Jesus said Luke 22:36 at the Last Supper.

Thanks for the list!

Smalls

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:07:18 PM EDT
[#5]
The passage is Luke 22: verse 35-37
God bless!

Chris
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 3:59:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:32:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Will do kpel.

Semper Fi

Smalls
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:08:05 AM EDT
[#8]
kpel308,

That verse is in Luke 22:36, and it has nothing to do with buying a sword for violence reasons.  Also look at Matt 26:52  he who lives by the sword dies by the same.  If you distort the Bible to advocate violence you are the same as the people that just attacked us.  Jesus never encouraged us to fight or kill.  The defense of our people and our nation is one thing but people do not pervert what the Bible says.  We reap what we sow.  They will receive justice for there acts.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 8:15:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
kpel308,

That verse is in Luke 22:36, and it has nothing to do with buying a sword for violence reasons.  Also look at Matt 26:52  he who lives by the sword dies by the same.  If you distort the Bible to advocate violence you are the same as the people that just attacked us.  Jesus never encouraged us to fight or kill.  The defense of our people and our nation is one thing but people do not pervert what the Bible says.  We reap what we sow.  They will receive justice for there acts.  
View Quote

i don't think he wanted it to justify any violent actions.  with all the religious debates that have been going on around here, i think it's become fairly obvious that Jesus doesn't advocate violence but He sure as heck doesn't mind if we take the proper steps to protect ourselves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top