Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2001 8:57:43 PM EDT
Tuesday morning started off the usual way for me.I was catching up on my house work since it was my first day off from work.
About 11:00 a.m. I called the company that handles my 401K.I told the woman what I needed and she told me that the transaction would go thur as soon as the stock market opened.I was puzzled as to why the market was closed and I asked the woman why the market was closed and when she told what had happened to the WTC.
I was shocked and set down on the couch and turned on the T.V.I could not believe what I was seeing. This is all just a bad dream! It's not true!
Sadness,anger,worry and disbelief.
Sadness for all of those people that have had their lives cut short.Sadness for their families.
Anger at the cowards that did this.
I worry about what the future holds for our country.I worry about how this affects the future for my young nephews and the young people of our country.
I went back to work on Friday.I had a flag pinned to my shirt that my mother had made and gave to me.I was so glad to see alot of people wearing flags.The boss had a stack of flag stickers he was passing out.
A co worker's wife had made flag pins that he was passing out.
My forktruck had flags on it and the woman that drives it on the night shift put a flag on the headache rack.
The last three days at work have been very different from the last work days.No one complained about doing their work.
I hope and pray that we as a nation can be strong for the long haul.I pray for our nation's leaders.I pray for our nation's soldiers and their families for they are the ones who will make the most supreme sacifice.
I pray for all the families that have lost loved ones.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:04:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Well said.  I was on my way to school and turned on Bob and Tom, the thing was they weren't laughing.  Then they talked about everything that went down.  I was shocked to tears.  A ray of hope came when I watched an interview with WW2 vets.  The reporter asked one if he thougt we would be OK, his reply was "Of course we will, this generation is strong, they will be the second greatest generation."
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:14:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I talked to my 15 year old nephew this evening and asked him if he was worried about all that has happened and he said yes.Three weeks ago his main worry was playing in his first senior high football game.I wanted to cry.

Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:18:34 PM EDT
[#3]
My little sister told me she didn't want me to go to war.  Very sad.  Two weeks ago her bigges worry was what to wear the next day.  I am afraid for the kids.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 9:07:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I was on my way to work and thought it was one of those "War of The Worlds" type broadcasts. Then after flipping through a few stations I realized it was for real. When I got to work I was deemed a non-essential for the day and the boss in DC said we could and should go home. (Federal worker you know) Didn't feel that a weather office in Wyoming was too at risk and it didn't feel right to leave anyway. That was the only time I've seen our TV on all day in the office. A shocking day for all Americans.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top