Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 9/16/2001 3:27:27 PM EDT
To relax yesterday, I went to a few of the "local" gunstores--not much near the city. Since there aren't any gunshows near here now that Lake County (anyone know when the next show is?) closed down, I have to make due with the smaller local shops for my fix. I walked into one, and saw a Beretta shotgun for sale, and didn't think much of it at the time. I have a 390 with a wood stock/blued finish, and it is a very nice gun. The one for sale was a black synthetic stock/matte finish gun--I believe it is a 390 also (it didn't have the stock pictured on the Beretta website). I started to have second thoughts about it right after I left. I may go back on Monday and see what model it is. I am very happy with my 390 for the few times I have shot it, but I am wondering if the 391 is a substantial upgrade from the 390. The 391's I have seen seem to be much more expensive than the 390's. I had thought about getting an O/U in the near future, but the gun I saw was in the low $500 range, and I can find a good, used O/U for $700-800 locally, so I would have 2 nice 12 ga guns for the same price as a new O/U ($1200) runs now. Any info would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 3:51:45 PM EDT
I would go with the Over & Under. My father bought me a Browning Over & Under for Christmas when I was 12. Their is something special about them. I would not trade 10 390's for my Browning.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 5:29:35 AM EDT
Morgan, I had an OK O/U before (a no-name Italian gun) that was not bad. I sold it to my Brother who likes it quite a bit. There is no doubt that I will get another O/U--I'm leaning towards a Beretta, just to keep common choke tubes--the question is whether I should spend $800 on a used one or $1200 on a new one. Thanks AFARR
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:06:47 AM EDT
Go to [url]www.trapshooters.com[/url] and do a search in their discussion thread. There's not a whole lot of difference between the 390 and the 391, both are considered excellent guns and some people prefer the older 390's handling characteristics. If you already have a 390 why not go for something different and get aon O/U? I have two Brownings and a Miroku and they are sweet. There's no action cycling when you shoot them. On the other hand, seeing this is AR15 dot com, perhaps you like a little "sproing" when you shoot.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:21:24 AM EDT
Double barrels for show, gas guns for money. Only exception might be bunker trap where you need the second shot SOOO fast because the birds come out 85-87 mph.
Top Top