Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2001 10:22:59 AM EDT
How about we contact this pile of shit and let him know how we feel!
Contact info at the bottom of the page!

The story:
[url]http://www.gopbi.com/partners/pbpost/epaper/editions/saturday/business_3.html[/url]
Saturday, September 15, 2001

On a day of national mourning and prayer, a Boca Raton company had its managers confiscate some American flags from employees' cubicles, saying other workers might find them offensive.

NCCI Holdings Inc., a company that compiles workers compensation insurance data, told its 850 Boca Raton employees that displays of nationalism had no place in the office.

"Divisive statements or actions, political or religious discussions and anything else that could be divisive or mean different things to different people are not appropriate in our work environment," Chief Executive Officer Bill Schrempf said Friday in a memo to employees.

Contact info:
William Schrempf
Ncci Holdings Inc
901 Peninsula Corp Cir  
Boca Raton, FL
(561) 893-1000  
[url]http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=Typ&tab=B2C&tuid=3808329&city=Boca+Raton&state=FL&country=us&slt=26.358299&sln=-80.083298&cs=4&ck=1107036610&stat=:pos:0:regular:regT:1:fbT:0[/url]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 10:25:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn,

That's cold!  So much for freedom of expression!  I know I know it is within private property but sheesh, the national flag?  I bet they could fly the UN flag w/o disruption!
rDAm
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#2]
What a bunch of Cock-suckers. shit, at my work they were handing out US flag pins to wear in the office.

Link Posted: 9/16/2001 10:33:23 AM EDT
[#3]
More garbage, this time at a  university.....

[url]http://www.mcall.com/html/frontpage/b_pg001_e14noflags.htm[/url]

(cut and paste into your browser)

[red]hope you don't mind.  i made it a link for ya.  --ARlady[/red]

Many thanks, ARlady- javascripts, etc. just won't work on my computer (Windows 95).
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 10:44:21 AM EDT
[#4]
It just prove's what I've always said. "Cockroaches, are not, Afraid of the Light"
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 10:52:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Just need to buy a handful of flags and keep putting them out. Its hard to believe their managers would actually do it. I'd tell 'em to screw off.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 10:57:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I could understand this kinda BS if it were in Kalifornia, but Florida?  Damn risky if you ask me!  I volunteer Rik to charge in there and set things right!  He's tha man!
rDAm
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 10:59:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Many people now regard the American flag as a call to war and violence. Some people are offended by this because their spirit is not called to war or violence. It is a higher path of bravery to choose non-violence than to lash out at every angering thing. Cowardice and no-violence are inherently oppsite concepts because it becomes an act of great courage not to lash out when hurt.If this country is truly a Christian country then we must ask ourselves "What would Jesus do?" Did Christ accept a brutal physical beating and a death on the cross for you? "See, my servant will act wisely,he will be raised and lifted up and highly exalted. Just as there were many who were appalled at him--his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any man and his form marred beyond human likeness--so he will sprinkle many nations,and kings will shut their mouths because of him".

Link Posted: 9/16/2001 11:03:28 AM EDT
[#8]
It is a higher path of bravery to choose non-violence than to lash out at every angering thing.
View Quote

So if the American flag is an "angering thing" for you, don't lash out and demand it be removed from someone's desk.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Let someone "try" to take my flag.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 11:35:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Many people now regard the American flag as a call to war and violence. Some people are offended by this because their spirit is not called to war or violence. It is a higher path of bravery to choose non-violence than to lash out at every angering thing. Cowardice and no-violence are inherently oppsite concepts because it becomes an act of great courage not to lash out when hurt.If this country is truly a Christian country then we must ask ourselves "What would Jesus do?" Did Christ accept a brutal physical beating and a death on the cross for you? "See, my servant will act wisely,he will be raised and lifted up and highly exalted. Just as there were many who were appalled at him--his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any man and his form marred beyond human likeness--so he will sprinkle many nations,and kings will shut their mouths because of him".
View Quote

Name one nation in the history of the world that prospered or even survived by following such an "enlightened" course.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 11:36:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I just finished e-mailing Mr. Schrempf and his company. In my response (since I assume it will be a regular employee who sees this first), I gave my complete support for the employees who wish to display their support for the victims of this tragedy and the rescue/recovery personnel now serving the cause. I was polite yet firm in my description of Mr. Schrempf and his policy as strictly UN-AMERICAN! Keep it clean yet make it absolutely clear how wrong Mr. Schrempf is and do include unanimous support for the employees of this company that was once voted as a "caring" employer by a national business journal.
[url]www.ncci.com[/url]
GO GET'EM!!![:(!]

P.S. upper righthand corner - contacts
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 11:39:53 AM EDT
[#12]
If they don't like our American flag they don't belong in this country and should go straight to HELL. That is after we bitch slap them to death.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 11:39:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I could understand this kinda BS if it were in Kalifornia, but Florida?
rDAm
View Quote

I have never seen so many flags on display in the S.F. bay area in my life. Almost every house, and a good portion of the cars, in my part of the world, are flying a flag.

This may be a bastion of liberal activity, but right now it's very trendy to be patriotic around here.

Link Posted: 9/16/2001 11:43:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

You must be living with the notion that mankind can "rise above conflict".

You fail to recognize that as long as we live in a fallen state, regardless of our redemtion in Christ, we will be driven by our emotions that are rooted in Gods natural law.

I find it offensive that you would turn your cheek to innocent women and children being burned alive.

_FS
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 11:46:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Grimshaw,

If Jesus was such a pacifist, then why did he instruct his disciples to arm themselves in Luke 22:36?

"He that hath no sword should sell his robe and buy one."

Being a pacifist doesn't mean you have to leave yourself defenseless..
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 11:50:20 AM EDT
[#16]
How's about you guys quit bitchin' at each other and do something constructive like e-mailing NCCI? After all, that was the original purpose of this thread!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 11:52:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I have never seen so many flags on display in the S.F. bay area in my life. Almost every house, and a good portion of the cars, in my part of the world, are flying a flag.

This may be a bastion of liberal activity, but right now it's very trendy to be patriotic around here.
View Quote

OE,

I am not calling your patriotism into question here but, where were the flags on September 10th?  Will they be there in a couple of months?  I guess that is an understandable response considering the magnitude of disaster.  I pray we come through this with our liberty intact.
rDAm
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 11:57:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Grimshaw,

If Jesus was such a pacifist, then why did he instruct his disciples to arm themselves in Luke 22:36?

"He that hath no sword should sell his robe and buy one."

Being a pacifist doesn't mean you have to leave yourself defenseless..
View Quote

Rich,

Jesus never instructed anyone to wantonly kill the innocents.  Bringing the guilty to justice is the idea, not creating more hate.  I certainly hope we capture the guilty of this crime without needlessly killing women and children.  We don't need any more people pissed at us.
rDAm
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 12:06:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

OE,

I am not calling your patriotism into question here but, where were the flags on September 10th?  Will they be there in a couple of months?  rDAm
View Quote

Well, I did say it was trendy.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 12:29:27 PM EDT
[#20]
btt
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 12:35:15 PM EDT
[#21]
I emailed with my disgust.  I note they have a Springfield, IL office.  I hope even more workers bring the flag.

Since when is the flag "political" or "religious"?
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 12:44:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 1:24:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Been telling you guys for years that California doesn't have a lock on political correctness. You're not paying attention.
View Quote

Since I live in the conservative bastion of the universe I will have to take your word on that![;D]

I don't know. Why don't you ask people all over the country who are buying flags in record numbers. [rolleyes]
View Quote

Touche'

I pray we come through this with our liberty intact.
View Quote

me too.
View Quote

thanks.
rDAm
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 3:03:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
You need to go back to McCalls or Ms. mag or whatever tofu sucking website you came from. I wish you good luck with your preaching, and hope whenever somebody decides to attack you or your family, you can find the inner strength to give peace a chance.[-!-]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 3:29:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Grimshaw, don't worry their will be plenty of guys to take your place when going gets tuff.I did that for someone about 33 years ago.
You can lick the hand of those who will do your share of the dirty work and keep you safe from harm.
And please don't visit the memorial for those who took your place, you would only insult their sacrifice much like that of your last Commander in Heat when he would place the wreath at the tomb of the Unknown Solider.
Excuse me while I go and puke.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 3:58:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Full-Clip, Well Said!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 4:59:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

true, but is not the Old Testament full of times when God led the Israelites into battle against their enemies?  and aren't there passages where God instructed them to spare some and other passages where He instructed them to kill every last living thing they encountered, which course they took depending on the enemy?
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you have more than a casual/secular understanding of what the Bible says?  If you did, you would know that the OLD TESTAMENT deals with Governments, Societies, and National Security.  The NEW TESTAMENT deals with understanding and effecting change in the hearts of men.  Nothing in the New Testament addresses pacifism, except on a personnal level.  The OLD TESTAMENT however...

Read it some time, it might change your outlook on World Peace Man...

Groovy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top