Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2001 9:42:09 AM EDT
Thinking of buying some Wolf .40 SW pistol ammo. Ammoman has a good deal on it now including free S/H. Is this stuff hard on your guns?  Should I move on up to Speer Lawman for $2 more a box?  
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:56:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Wolf ammo sucks.  It's just cheap blasting ammo; you know for shooting off at New Years Eve.  If you just wanna make noise it's ok, but not for self-defense.  Besides the steel case is hard on your firearm, which was no doubt designed for brass cases, not steel.  Just my $.02
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 10:00:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I shot some Wolf and Winchester Ammo (7.62x39mm.) the other day. My Winchester Ammo. was exremely accurate and at 100 Yards It hit right where I aimed. The Wolf Ammo. missed the aimpoint by about 3". In addition, the last round I fired (Wolf) stuck in my chamber. I had to use a 30 Caliber Cleaning Rod and Ball Pen Hammer to knock it out.

Biggest thing was, when I looked inside the shell it looked like it had 50 Years of rust inside it. The Winchesters had no hint of rust at all. Wolf definitely shouldn't be reloaded, but is very, very cheap.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 10:06:33 AM EDT
[#3]
... it's fine for your [b]AK-47[/b] keep it away from your [b]AR-15[/b]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 10:11:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Wolf is the best ammo ever made. it's the only ammo i will ever shoot.
[-!-!-]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I used to use Wolf in my AR.  If you're practicing your marksmanship its definately NOT what you want!  Instead go with Federal American Eagle.  

But as far as reliability goes, I've never had a problem with Wolf unless the chamber was very hot - like after 100 rounds or so.  The intense heat can cause the green laquer of the case to become sticky resulting in the case getting stuck in the chamber.  NOT FUN!
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 10:46:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted: Wolf is the best ammo ever made. it's the only ammo i will ever shoot.
[-!-!-]
View Quote

Don't listen to Olyhater. Go out and get some good ammo. Buy Umc ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top