Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2001 2:24:38 AM EDT
A day or so ago, I posted that I was through with the GD forum because of racist sentiments from a minority of members. But as I stay glued to newscasts and websites about this tragedy, my heart breaks over and over, thousands of times for each of the victims and their families.
I realize this is not the time for me to be selfish and place my disgust for racism from the few over the suffering of 270,000,000 of my countrymen. This is a time to stand together and not run away, a time for unity and not division.
I know I can never change the minds of some of us, but the meaning of "us" can never be diminished. I sincerely apologize to all for my immature fit of irrationality and melodrama. I stand proud with my American patriots, and if our President can use the aging legs of a 36-year old to even carry water for our Men of War in their righteous endeavor, then I will bear all I can. The meanings of our Anthem and of our Battle Hymn of the Republic have reached a depth I have never known before. Once again, my sincerest apology. God bless our members and God bless America, this land that has bestowed freedom on this immigrant. I am consumed with an unnamable pride and an unspeakable rage.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 2:27:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 2:27:57 AM EDT
[#2]
ALL YOUR APOLOGIES ARE BELONG TO US!!!!

Just kidding, welcome back.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 4:17:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for your thoughtful words, Buddha, and welcome back! [>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 4:41:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
ALL YOUR APOLOGIES ARE BELONG TO US!!!!

Just kidding, welcome back.
View Quote

Like he said.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 4:42:39 AM EDT
[#5]
....the ability to stay the course is the true test of all men....

Glad to see ya didnt go Buhda this place needs good people for the course!
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 4:54:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Buddha - Glad you stayed, brother!!  
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 5:12:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 5:20:02 AM EDT
[#8]
[-=(_)=-]

SATCONG FLYING CAP FOR BHUDDA
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 5:23:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I think the rascist comments were just frustration. All the Arab people I have met in America I have really liked.

Thoughts to ponder, what kind of husbands and fathers willingly go on suicide raids and leave their wives and children to face the rage of the country they bombed?
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 6:04:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I am proud to be your fellow American!

STAND TALL AND PROUD!

COZ
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 8:56:57 AM EDT
[#11]
[beer] You the man!
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:00:23 AM EDT
[#12]
All Americans stand together!
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:26:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Welcome back. I too read your farewell message.
Emotions were running very high and things were said in the heat of passion.  Now that cooler heads have prevailed, and basic reasoning has returned.  We are truly blessed to be living in the USA.

Check out the thread on the Star Spangled Banner, and listen to how the author was inspired to write the words to this poem.  And read the words for yourself. This philosopy is the reason why the USA is such a great nation today.  Americans come in all shapes and colors.

USA! USA! USA!
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:37:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
A day or so ago, I posted that I was through with the GD forum because of racist sentiments from a minority of members. But as I stay glued to newscasts and websites about this tragedy, my heart breaks over and over, thousands of times for each of the victims and their families.
I realize this is not the time for me to be selfish and place my disgust for racism from the few over the suffering of 270,000,000 of my countrymen. This is a time to stand together and not run away, a time for unity and not division.
I know I can never change the minds of some of us, but the meaning of "us" can never be diminished. I sincerely apologize to all for my immature fit of irrationality and melodrama. I stand proud with my American patriots, and if our President can use the aging legs of a 36-year old to even carry water for our Men of War in their righteous endeavor, then I will bear all I can. The meanings of our Anthem and of our Battle Hymn of the Republic have reached a depth I have never known before. Once again, my sincerest apology. God bless our members and God bless America, this land that has bestowed freedom on this immigrant. I am consumed with an unnamable pride and an unspeakable rage.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:37:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:38:11 AM EDT
[#16]
sometimes it pays to think a while before you speak or type!![:)]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#17]
 You seem to recognize the fact that racism exists and where it shows its ugly face. Your heart is definitely in the right place.

I just don't understand why feeling that way makes you think that an apology is in order...... when none is required.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top