Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Scared?  Yeah, I am scared. I am scared for my son, scared that he will have to grow up in a country where we are constantly looking over our shoulder for the next terrorist attack.  I am scared that we will only do a half-measure and leave ANY of these bastards alive.
And I am scared that the morons who oppose war NOW, NOW when we've lost THOUSANDS of people on our own soil to a cowardly attack without warning, will have too much influence and will force our leaders to stop killing the bastards too soon.
View Quote

Well, the last time around the guy who "stopped the killing" was Colin Powell. And look where he is now.

At this point, I have to agree with you, we have to go in and kill a bunch of terrorists. We have to get in close, and get our hands durty doing it. We have to go in both deep and wide.

But in the end, this will not end terrorism. No matter how many we kill, there will always be more.

Not interviening in other countries was the best plan in the beginning. At this point, that seems no longer possible. So now, we will have to kill lots of people, and still live with terrorism.

Link Posted: 9/17/2001 3:33:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

ARLady, I will "can it" the exact moment that Imbroglio and the rest stop posting the tinfoil hat conspiracy theories.  Not before.
View Quote

Conspiracy theories?

I haven't seen anyone posting any, excpt to comment on the conspirasy that resulted in the attack on the WTC and DC.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 3:46:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That the whole war on terrorism being espoused is nothing but an excuse to crack down on gunowners,
View Quote

Certainly, at this point it will be hard for rational politicians to oppose "anti-terrorism legislation". And certainly, such legislation will contain restrictions on our rights, including restrictions that effect us as gunowners.

Yet I haven't seen anyone who claimed that the war on terrorism was simply an excuse to crack down on gunowners.

Quoted:
and that this is all our fault for being "interventionist."
View Quote

I don't think anyone on this board is saying it's "all our fault". The terrorists are responsible for their actions. But they hate us in part--probably in large part--due to our interventionist policies.

Link Posted: 9/17/2001 3:49:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
*moderator hat on*  Rik, Imbroglio, CAN IT!!!!!!!  there is truth in both of your arguments.  leave it at that.  personally, i'm sick of the pissing contests.
View Quote

ARLady, I will "can it" the exact moment that Imbroglio and the rest stop posting the tinfoil hat conspiracy theories.  Not before.
View Quote

i hate to break it to ya, pal, but as long as his posts remain within the rules of the board, he can post as many conspiracy theories as he damn well pleases.  and you may disagree with him all you want.  but you may not get into a pissing match with him.  you can debate the "facts" of the case, you can debate the validity of his conclusions, hell, you can even cite your own "facts" as to why his argument is ridiculous.  what you cannot do is turn this into a pissing match every time he says something that you don't like.  stop with the insults.

from your esteemed self:
AH, I see...then this must be the IMBROGLIO FORUM, since you seem to feel free to rant and rave to YOUR heart's content. Apparently it is only when someone disagrees with you that they are out of line, eh?
How could you even type that paragraph without becoming physically ill from the hypocricy it contained?
View Quote

is that not the pot calling the kettle black?  you are as guilty of rant and raving to YOUR heart's content when someone disagrees with your viewpoint.  you are a guest in this house.  either abide by the rules or excuse yourself.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 4:24:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
i hate to break it to ya, pal, but as long as his posts remain within the rules of the board, he can post as many conspiracy theories as he damn well pleases.  and you may disagree with him all you want.  but you may not get into a pissing match with him.  you can debate the "facts" of the case, you can debate the validity of his conclusions, hell, you can even cite your own "facts" as to why his argument is ridiculous.  what you cannot do is turn this into a pissing match every time he says something that you don't like.  stop with the insults.
View Quote

Is saying the theories he is espousing are looney and he is doing the country a disservice buy disseminating them insulting him?  I think not. Because that is the only thing I said to him before HE started flaming me.  

is that not the pot calling the kettle black?  you are as guilty of rant and raving to YOUR heart's content when someone disagrees with your viewpoint.
View Quote

ARLady, no it is not and I am very disappointed that you don't understand that.  Yes, I comment freely when someone says something with which I disagree, AS DOES IMBROGLIO.  The difference is, I never complained that Imbroglio shouldn't have the right to voice his disagreement with me, he tried to shut ME up, just as you seem to be doing.

you are a guest in this house.  either abide by the rules or excuse yourself
View Quote

I haven't broken those rules...or at least if I have (which I don't believe), Imbroglio has as well and you should be publically chiding him too.  I think you need to rethink your position.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top