Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
2/23/2017 5:55:53 PM
Posted: 9/15/2001 6:34:36 PM EST
Hey guys, I had been toying with enlisting with an Armed Force since I graduated High School. ( I am now 19) This "incident" has triggered my interest in joining again. Here is the problem... THE day after I graduated HS, I was working on some scaffolding that decided to collapse. I took about a 10 foot tumble, and ended up breaking my ankle, as well as dislocating it. I had some emergency surgery to get in Pinned, and screwed back together. I have been told that this will keep me out of the milatary. Any truth to this? I did get one of the pins, and screws removed. Any chance I'd get accepted if I could get the pins out? I realize that there isn't many recruiters on the board. Just looking for some general advice, and suggestions on the subject. Thanks much. -Jared
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:40:00 PM EST
Navy or Coast Guard might take you. Navy will take people with flat feet, not a lot of marching on a 400 foot ship. BTW if SHTF you might not have a choice of going in or not, my grandfather tried to get into all the branches during WWII but a glass eye kept him out until the Army drafted him and made him an ambulance driver. Military intelligence... not just an oxymoron.
Top Top