Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2001 7:34:36 PM EDT
Hey guys,
  I had been toying with enlisting with an Armed Force since I graduated High School.  ( I am now 19) This "incident" has triggered my interest in joining again.

Here is the problem...
  THE day after I graduated HS, I was working on some scaffolding that decided to collapse. I took about a 10 foot tumble, and ended up breaking my ankle, as well as dislocating it. I had some emergency surgery to get in Pinned, and screwed back together. I have been told that this will keep me out of the milatary. Any truth to this? I did get one of the pins, and screws removed. Any chance I'd get accepted if I could get the pins out? I realize that there isn't many recruiters on the board. Just looking for some general advice, and suggestions on the subject. Thanks much.

-Jared
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Navy or Coast Guard might take you. Navy will take people with flat feet, not a lot of marching on a 400 foot ship.

BTW if SHTF you might not have a choice of going in or not, my grandfather tried to get into all the branches during WWII but a glass eye kept him out until the Army drafted him and made him an ambulance driver.

Military intelligence... not just an oxymoron.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top