Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2001 12:36:33 PM EDT
this was sent to me after a rather acidic customer feedback email i sent them.

The safety of our customers and associates is our first priority. As an
added precaution during this national crisis, Kmart temporarily removed
firearms and ammunition from its sales floor yesterday. Stores are being
instructed to return firearms and ammunition to the sales floor today.

Thanks,
Erica
Customer Care Network

-----Original Message-----
As a gun owner, a consumer, and most importantly as an American, I am beyond outraged at the utterly underhanded way in which your store has used the tragedies in New York to unfairly single out those who buy ammunition by no longer selling it in your stores. It is an indirect, yet unfair way to label law abiding consumers, and as a result of this slap in the face, no cent of mine will EVER come your way again. Nor will any of my acquaintances ever be doing any business with
you or any of your affiliates. As much as I detest Wal-Mart and Meijers, I will now be patronizing them exclusively, and in addition I will be sending you a copy of a rather large receipt from the Meijers sporting goods department to prove the level of my discontent. The action by K-Mart is deplorable, un-American, and frankly it makes me sick even to think about it. Good day and good-bye.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 12:42:52 PM EDT
[#1]
... nice letter [b]NailhedRaven[/b]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Great letter.
Piss on Kmart
I hope they go broke.
I wonder how much of their stock is owned by liberals. I hope they loose lots of cash!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#3]
aparently, they are also in deep scheisse because of a lawsuit about some dude that killed himself with one of their guns.  something to the order of 1.5 million.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 1:12:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I to sent them a letter and assured them that I would never darken their door step again after that little stunt. Were they thinking that some people might fell threaten and want a gun to protect themselves, where did they ever get that thought? Its not in the Constitution is it that we have the right to bear arms and protect life and family. And I got the same form letter the pukes sent to everyone that contacted them.
K Mart, Big K or whatever you call yourself these days you are done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 1:22:42 PM EDT
[#5]
origially posted by NailhedRaven

[aparently, they are also in deep scheisse because of a lawsuit about some dude that killed himself with one of their guns. something to the order of 1.5 million]

A question for all you lawyer types.
What if the guy had bought a water hose,stuck it up the exhaust pipe of his car,started the engine, ran the hose inside and rolled up the windows and killed himself. Is it Kmarts fault? No way.
I guess some people are so stupid its funny
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 1:25:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I didn't even get a response from 'em.  Maybe canucks don't count.  Or maybe they noticed that I already refuse to shop in department stores that won't sell ammo.  K-Mart Canada hasn't received the favor of my shopping dollar since they took the guns/ammo out of their stores.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 1:28:56 PM EDT
[#7]
But what have you got against Wal-Mart? I thought those guys were okay.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 2:23:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
aparently, they are also in deep scheisse because of a lawsuit about some dude that killed himself with one of their guns.  something to the order of 1.5 million.
View Quote

They have insurance to cover such things, it is just a minor nuisance to a $$ billion company.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 2:43:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice job! kmart never sold firearms in my state of hawaii, no ammo either. [:(]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 3:50:11 PM EDT
[#10]
What the heck does "canuck" mean anyway? :)
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 4:27:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By SPORTSMANS SUPPLY:
Great letter.
Piss on Kmart
I hope they go broke.
I wonder how much of their stock is owned by liberals. I hope they loose lots of cash!!!
View Quote

Is the cash too tight? Why do they need to loose it?
[URL]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=48684[/URL]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 5:03:26 PM EDT
[#12]
It's too late. They withheld arms from the people during a time of disaster. I don't care if they start donating 100% of all proceeds to the 1934 foundation - not another nickle of my money is going to K-mart.

But make sure you send any correspondance on the back of your wal-mart receipts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top