Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2001 6:14:16 AM EDT
I'm sick and tired of all this talk about Bush being scared and flying around trying to get away. These media guys are idiots. This is what the Secret Service does with the president in a situation like this. They are responsible for keeping him alive and safe. It would take a direct order from Bush to make them go against this SOP.

They were flying around till somebody could furnish the intel on what the hell was happening. This is the way it works.

These guys getting on TV and making statements indicating that Bush was running scared are f@#king morons and should be shut up. They only serve to make us look weak and that is the last damn thing we need right now.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:19:59 AM EDT
[#1]
YEP!!!  Dan Rather is the worst in my not so humble opinion.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:47:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Tom Brokjaw & Dan Blather.  These media idiots are so enarmoured with Clinton, that they still can't believe he's gone.  These fcking idiots still call him PRESIDENT Clinton. GW is no wuss, and we are going to kick a$$.  Clinton should be some responsibility for decimating the CIA during his watch.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:49:01 AM EDT
[#3]
those two fools need to be replaced by someone with a brain. My .02 worth
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#4]

How many times have commercial airlines been slammed into buildings to kill?

How many times has the pentagon been impaled with a jumbo jet?

How many times has the Whitehouse been the target of a Boeing Bomb?

The answer, Peter is ZERO.  So I am sorry if GW didn't come out and make a statement fast enough for you.  Did you just not have enough news to report with the WTC and Penatgon burning or the unavoidable thousands of casualties?  And what would you have him do?  He left Louisiana as fast as possible to return home and then once the true nature of the events unfolded he diverted.  Do you think it was at all possible that they may have had something waiting for him in DC?  Maybe now we know they didn't, but could we have them?

No US president has ever been through anything like this and you are just a plain bastard for your ludicrous observations.

Go to Hell.  I'll see you there.

Zaz

"I have given up trying to understand people in favor of mocking them."
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Do these people realize that the Secret Service strongly urged Bush to head to NORAD until they were sure the attacks were over, but Bush overrode them and headed back to D.C. from Nebraska (or wherever he was then)?
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 10:46:50 AM EDT
[#6]
At first I thought he was for not going to DC, but in the end, retrodog is right. I looked up the Secret Service's policy, and the President has to go where they say no matter what the circumstances are. Hell, Bush probably had to fight to go to New York yesterday. That was very heroic and I was impressed.

themao [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Most of the mainstream media is on the "other side."  What side is that?  I am not sure.  It is what ever side they want as long as it is on the "other side."  The list of them on the "other side" is a long one.  Here is just a few:

Oct. 1983, Grenada.  When most of the students hailed the U.S. Servicemen as Heros, a film crew and reporter found the one student who thought that the invasion endangered them.  He voiced his opinion and it was aired.  It is also interesting to note, that no newsmen were allowed to go into Grenada untill after four days.  When they complained, a senior military official said, "that's because they are not on our side."

12 Sep 2001, Rochester, NY.  An article in the local rag,  "Democrat and Chronicle," (Go figure) had a title that indicated what GW was going to do.  The text was mostly about what Bill Klinton would have done.  The following day, was an article entitled about GW getting money to the states affected, but was really about Schumer and Hillary, how they were getting the money to the states.

13 Sep 2001, CNN's Geraldo.  After Alan Dershowits had his say on the show, Geraldo introduced his next guest as "Our Lord and Master," it was Bill Klinton.

These are just a few that I've seen in my life. Remember, these jackassicles think they are the 4th branch of government.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:14:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Bush is a good guy. It is just a shame to see the press disrespecting  him this way. Sometimes it is subtle and other times it is just too damned obvious. Just a bunch of jerkoffs.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:30:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Not to mention the other things that Tom Brokaw has been guilty of these past few days...

1.  Suggesting that America does not respect a cowardly President.

2.  Refusing to state that Sept 14 is a National Day of Prayer.

3.  Suggesting that Americans should get used to the idea that their freedoms should be curtailed.

4.  Repeatedly trying to score political points by suggesting that the tax cut be repealed in order to pay for the war.

[b]He ought to be fired![/b]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 4:51:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Our president is equipped to get up in the air and stay there indefinitely. He can perform the same job in Airforce-1 that he can on the ground. That has been SOP in an emergency for as long as I can remember. Those old, slow talking Texas boys are a lot of things, but cowardly ain't on the list!
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 5:00:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Tom Brokjaw & Dan Blather.  These media idiots are so enarmoured with Clinton, that they still can't believe he's gone.  These fcking idiots still call him PRESIDENT Clinton. GW is no wuss, and we are going to kick a$$.  Clinton should be some responsibility for decimating the CIA during his watch.
View Quote

Dan Rather doesn't know anything about the military, during Vietnam he was a reporter, not a soldier...
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 5:28:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Boycott the Big Three and watch Fox. E-mail the big three and tell them why.

Bush wasn't a coward. He was following the orders of the Secret Service. Clinton, Reagan and Carter would have done the same.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top