Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2001 11:27:08 AM EDT
I am in need of an anonymous way to send an e-mail message. This need has nothing to do with anything illegal, instead it is work related. I need to be able to send an e-mail that cannot be traced back to me under any circumstances. Is Hotmail sufficient, or should I use a re-mailer service of some kind? The recipients are executives at a very large telecom firm so they will have the expertise to trace it if they really wanted to. I'm not so concerned about them tracing it as I am about the person who is the [b]subject[/b] of the e-mail tracing it and thus terminating me for being a whistle blower. This person is not very competent, but I don't want to take an undue risk if I can avoid it. So what is the best way of accomplishing this? I give the floor to my tech-head brothers at arms......
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:30:52 AM EDT
Why not just send a real piece of mail fedex from your own building. Or just walk it upstairs and drop it under the door. If its a big enough company you wouldnt be recognized. [beer]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:37:46 AM EDT
The people I want to send it to are not located at my workplace so I can't just drop it under the door. Also, FedEx is closely scrutinized to make sure it is not used for personal shipments at company expense. Trust me, e-mail would be the best approach. I just need to get a little info to them, that's all.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:55:22 AM EDT
hotmail is definitely not good enough. You need a real anonymous remailer. Look into Mixmaster. [url]http://www.obscura.com/~loki/index.cgi[/url] God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 12:03:09 PM EDT
OK, grab a fedex envelope, a fedex bill of laden, write your letter, and drop it off at a local fedex drop box. POW untraceable, just wear plastic gloves! [beer]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 12:13:58 PM EDT
USPS
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 1:28:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GodBlessTexas: hotmail is definitely not good enough. You need a real anonymous remailer. Look into Mixmaster. [url]http://www.obscura.com/~loki/index.cgi[/url] God Bless Texas
View Quote
Thanks!! That was exactly what I was looking for. Message sent. Monday morning should be VERY interesting!
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 3:15:25 PM EDT
...also connections can be traced back to your IP address and hence the ISP and computer you have used.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:24:06 PM EDT
Ever think of opening a Hotmail acct. from the library?
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:02:00 PM EDT
Gus, care to tell your AR15.com brethren which stock it is we're supposed to short or buy?? [:D]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:46:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 71-Hour_Achmed: Gus, care to tell your AR15.com brethren which stock it is we're supposed to short or buy?? [:D]
View Quote
LOL!!! Nothing that earthshaking. Just a dickhead director that must go.
Top Top