Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2001 8:12:11 AM EDT
Why is it that every time we are attacked we have restraints?  For Gods sake I wish people would wake up.  There are no rules to War.  No borders you have to do what it takes to win.  We have to know who we are after and then just go get them......  I do not want to see innocent people hurt but it is a fact of life.  Play the game with them the same as hey play it with us........    [frag]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 8:15:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Hell yeah...No holds barred

Ranger Out
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 8:16:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope we don't this time, for a change.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 8:23:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Patience grasshopper....

You will not be let down.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 8:24:52 AM EDT
[#4]
[BD]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 8:28:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, we could lob a coupla nukes at them, but.....wouldn't that make us just like them???? Indiscriminate killers??

To effectively wage war against these sub-human turds, you gotta plan, gain intelligence, strategize, train on specifics, mobilize, coordinate with NATO, and THEN kick Arsenio.

The D-Day invasion was over a year in the making. And that was with a well-defined enemy in a fixed position.

Not to worry - they are gonna feel a world of hurt. For an extended period of time.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 8:29:25 AM EDT
[#6]
We hold back because we have a long term view, we consider the consequences, and we don't want to be seen as "barbaric" or lowering ourselves to the level of those who attacked us.

Unfortunately the game has changed.  Even after a cooling off period, it's my opinion that we must speak in a language that the terrorists understand and one that translates to action that will make even the most diabolical murderer think twice.  For starters, we must identify the hometowns of all those who participated in this attack, whether in the aircraft or their accomplices, and wipe them off the map.

I know that means killing innocents in cold blood.  And it reduces us to barbarians ourselves.  But we must send a message to all terrorists and wannabes that we are a people that will exact a revenge that is even more shocking than the act that precipitated the response.  If terror is the name of this game, we must become the masters of it ourselves.  The only way we can keep terrorists off our soil is to beat them at their own game.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 8:46:09 AM EDT
[#7]
as much as i hate to bring us down to their level with retalitation, I WANT IT!!!!!

and i've often wondered if our restraint wasn't seen as cowardice and was therefore contributing to their complete feelings of hate and disrespect.  perhaps if we spoke their language a little better....
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 8:51:01 AM EDT
[#8]
We're holding back right now because some of our "Allies" in the middle east might have in some way sponsored this.  As we speak our government is trying to figure out a way to show that this is true beyond a reasonable doubt so we can show the world that they are now our ENEMY.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top