Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 9/13/2001 10:19:49 PM EDT
A new recruiting tactic for the armed forces! Details of offer: 1. Get shipped over to Afghanistan or whatever country is harboring terrorists. 2. Kill the enemy. 3. Whatever arms the person you kill is carrying, you get to keep!
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:23:55 PM EDT
Id go for that. I hope I get to fight people with AUG's and G36's too. [:D]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:25:38 PM EDT
Sign me up BABY!
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 3:28:29 AM EDT
Free AK's only dropped once.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 3:32:48 AM EDT
I'd take some of that. [:D] God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 5:10:53 AM EDT
Sighing up right now for some!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 5:12:42 AM EDT
Too bad you wouldn't be able to get it home...
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:34:18 AM EDT
Originally Posted By M15A2: Id go for that. I hope I get to fight people with AUG's and G36's too. [:D]
View Quote
If they're arming their soldiers with pricey G36's, I would expect them to be more than fairly competent with those weapons considering how advanced they are. Long story short, I don't think I'd want to be on the other side of one of those things. AUG's on the other hand, have no equal like the blue-blooded U.S. M16A2. God Bless America.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:37:44 AM EDT
Is there any legal way to bring them back, other than de-milled. I understand importation of AKs has been banned. What about licensed importers, Class 3 FFLs, SOTs ?
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:03:34 AM EDT
Originally Posted By cc48510: Is there any legal way to bring them back, other than de-milled. I understand importation of AKs has been banned. What about licensed importers, Class 3 FFLs, SOTs ?
View Quote
There are these little things some call a "war trophy". A buddy of mine has an amnesty AK47 that was brought back from Vietnam. It's a machined receiver gun, pretty cool. In almost every major conflict the US has been in, soldiers have been allowed to return with weapons they took from the enemy. There is paperwork to be filled out by the soldier which is submitted for approval. These weapons are placed on the NFA registry and are considered (or were historically) transferable items. The laws have changed obviously, but a President can change that with a stroke of the pen (executive order). Some soldiers brought guns back illegally and an amnesty was declared. All you had to do was register the once illegal gun and it became legal to own.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:08:00 AM EDT
I think the prez would be able to do some sort of waiver to make this possible.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:55:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By wgunn: There are these little things some call a "war trophy". A buddy of mine has an amnesty AK47 that was brought back from Vietnam. It's a machined receiver gun, pretty cool. In almost every major conflict the US has been in, soldiers have been allowed to return with weapons they took from the enemy. There is paperwork to be filled out by the soldier which is submitted for approval. These weapons are placed on the NFA registry and are considered (or were historically) transferable items. The laws have changed obviously, but a President can change that with a stroke of the pen (executive order). Some soldiers brought guns back illegally and an amnesty was declared. All you had to do was register the once illegal gun and it became legal to own.
View Quote
Viet nam was the last exemption. It was the last time it was, and ever will be done.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:09:56 AM EDT
Can I bring back a KVP machine gun (.50 cal ???) or RPG??
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:28:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:31:37 AM EDT
I hope he's not in PRK or he may well be hosting a BBQ pretty soon. Hell anywhere in this country the ATF could still and would still BBQ anybody who does that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:47:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ConnYankee: Free AK's only dropped once.
View Quote
And never shot!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:02:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:06:43 AM EDT
I would like to order my Afgan AKs fried, deeeeeep fried. [pyro]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:06:56 PM EDT
I hate to break it to you, but the Afghanis don't drop their weapons. All the guns you might pick up will be empty, very hot, and covered with blood from the sorry sucko who died shooting it. The Afghanis are tough mofos, don't presume t underestimate them. "Do what you will, just don't think the Afghanis won't kill lots of us in a war."
Top Top