Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2001 10:14:05 PM EDT
the rat-bastard Democrats in the legislature passed the combined handgun purchase license bill (AB35/SB52) and sent it to Governor Gray-out Davis.  NOW is the time to flood him with calls, e-mail, and letters explaining why he should VETO it.

State Capitol Building
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: 916-445-2841
Fax: 916-445-4633
[email protected]

Remember, the Second Amendment doesn't apply in his thinking, so you have to get a little creative.  here is some good reference information:

[url]http://www.vpc.org/fact_sht/licreg.htm[/url]

Trust me, these dolts in the VPC contradict their conclusions with THEIR OWN FACTS!!  Please make sure to give them full credit for any quotes, you wouldn't want to get hit with a copyright violation!!  [:D]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:16:51 PM EDT
[#1]
california just got worse...didn't think it was possible
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:29:57 PM EDT
[#2]
What are the benefits of licensing and registration?

Licensing has an impact primarily on criminal gun use—aiding police investigations through tracing. It can help to identify and weed out criminals who are trying to purchase firearms through legal channels, [b][red]and the application process itself may discourage casual buyers.[/red][/b] Registration of firearms could speed the tracing of firearms used in crimes. Registration would also aid police in identifying the types of firearms to which an individual may have access.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:45:57 PM EDT
[#3]
After being here in RPK since June (I get to go home in 2 weeks, WOOT) I feel some folks need to write out some letters. Since here I have been completly amazed at the complete lack of firearms education here. I am sure it is nothing the good folks of RPK didn't already know. I have become sick at the basic "guns r bad" attitude of some of these uneducated folks. I am sending off my thoughts to Mr. Davis in the morning.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:50:10 PM EDT
[#4]
If the line's busy tommorrow, it's me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 2:01:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Download the PDF, it's 105 pages. Can you believe that?

It looks like they did away with the live fire test, opting for a written test and hands-on demonstration of basic safety proficiency. The written test includes a lot of law. Also, there is a lot of crap about the issues associated with bringing a handgun into the home.

You have to submit two sets of fingerprints, one of which goes to the FBI.

The certificate is good for 5 years. If you fail to renew, they sick the cops on you.

For the most part, beginning in 2004 The bill also does away with home-based FFLs, although current FFLs can keep their license if they are handicapped or meet certain zoning requirements or are located is sparsly populated countiesor are also gunsmiths.

There is a lot of crap involved in getting a certificate. They obviously want to discourage us from owning handguns.

F*CK 'EM!
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 3:42:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It looks like they did away with the live fire test, opting for a written test and hands-on demonstration of basic safety proficiency. The written test includes a lot of law. Also, there is a lot of crap about the issues associated with bringing a handgun into the home.

You have to submit two sets of fingerprints, one of which goes to the FBI.

The certificate is good for 5 years. If you fail to renew, they sick the cops on you.
View Quote

Man, that sounds like the regulations in our CHL program.  You guys are going to get screwed on this one.  I'm sorry to hear it, and even more sorry to say that California is a lost cause for gun owners and gun rights.  What's worse is that other states will surely adopt something similar.

For the most part, beginning in 2004 The bill also does away with home-based FFLs, although current FFLs can keep their license if they are handicapped or meet certain zoning requirements or are located is sparsly populated countiesor are also gunsmiths.

There is a lot of crap involved in getting a certificate. They obviously want to discourage us from owning handguns.
View Quote

Soon it will be guns of any kind, not just handguns.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 4:21:53 AM EDT
[#7]
GodBlessTexas, no kidding! It does sound like the requirements for CCW, doesn't it? Crap, and to think we have to go through all this just to own a handgun. Time to stock up.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 4:28:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
california just got worse...didn't think it was possible
View Quote

Hey, you guys have FOIDS. Same thing. In TX we call em CHL if you having one mean no NICS checks [:D]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 1:01:43 AM EDT
[#9]
BTT
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 1:08:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is the cert required for possession by previous owners or just if you want to buy something after the date of enactment?
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:51:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Is the cert required for possession by previous owners or just if you want to buy something after the date of enactment?
View Quote

Previous owners are unaffected. It is not required for possession or ownership, just for purchases on or after 1/1/2003.

There are also quite a few requirements to become a certified tester, but it doesn't look too bad. I think most guys who work in gun shops won't have a problem.

And if you can't read, they have to give you the exam orally. he he :)
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:54:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're not from CA are you???

If its like applying for a CCW, they might as well give us a CCW.

Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:59:27 AM EDT
[#13]
So the (CA ,US) below your names stands for Canada in the US now?
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 8:07:34 AM EDT
[#14]
my suggestion:  MOVE.

and write the guv'nor, and each of your elected reps and tell them why you are moving and that you are taking your vote and your tax dollars somewhere else where they will be appreciated.

they won't care.  not really.  but in the end, if all gun owners did this, the state would be chock full of two things: people who don't want anyone to own guns and criminals.  let them have what they want.  how does the saying go:  "careful what you wish, you may regret it, careful what you wish, you just might get it"
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 8:17:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
(snip)

F*CK 'EM!
View Quote

Almost EXACTLY the same Sh*t they passed and dumped on our heads in Massachusetts.

And we have both Demorats AND Republikans in our state govt. Most went along with this insanity, "for the children".

Vote Libertarian. You could win a free country!

"Massachusetts is the crash-test dummy for anti-gun laws"
- --CARLA HOWELL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top