Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2001 6:50:39 PM EDT
Hey fellow AR enthusiasts.  Where is a good source for quality green folowers?  Thanks.[?]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:01:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I got a bunch from DPMS...

Prior to installing them, I had a couple mags that gave me trouble now and then...
After installing the green followers, ALL the mags feed 100%
I didn't even replace the springs !
I can't believe how much more reliable they are now !!!

Eventually, I'll put new springs in them too...

I think the followers cost me  $1.99 each...

Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:07:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I'll apologize now to the moderators for posting this in two seperate forums.  I did not realize that this practice was frowned upon till tonight, sorry.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe Brownells carries DPMS green followers, too.  They solved all my feed problems in my 30-rounders as well.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:37:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Brownell's is as high as giraffe nuts. Costa Arms has 'em for $1.25 (do a web search or goto subguns 'n look). They should really be $0.01! [pissed]

Test your mags! A good GI 30 with a GF should fire all 30 rounds every time, and drop free when empty and the mag release pushed. Practice changing loaded 30 rd mags. It takes quite a push/whack to seat the mag on the mag release. The easiest way is with the bolt locked back (as it will be if you just fired the last round), click in a new mag, tap, and bang the bolt release.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top