Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2001 8:02:30 AM EDT
This "we must find the exact perps" thing is a little unnerving to me. Why? We have been giving financial aid to countries that support, shelter, train and fund terrorist for years (like egypt and syria). I say it is time to stop this ignorance. These countires that do these things should not get our aid yet we continue for, political reason, to support them financially. We are the number one target of terrorist. There is no question of this. Why should we wait until we are hit to do something about it. I am not saying that we should bomb, attack, or destroy these countries that support terrorism but we should, at the very least, stop giving aid to them and start economic sanctions against these countries. These are things that should have been done years ago. Long before any type of terrorism found it's way to American soil. I strongly urge you to get ahold of your congressman and stress these issues.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:22:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:49:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Countries that actively support Terrorist Organizations:

Afghanistan
Libya
Syria
Iraq
Iran
"Palestine" (PLO controlled areas of West Bank and Gaza Strip)

Countries which Do NOT support Terrorist Organizations but where many such organizations reside:

Lebanon
Sudan
Algeria
Saudi Arabia
Jordan
Egypt
Pakistan
Oman
United Arab Emirates

Western Countries which harbor terrorist organizations through lax immigration and asylum controls:
Canada

to a lesser extent:
Germany
France
Britain
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:59:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't forget Ireland, Northern Ireland, about half of the Asian countries, and amost all of Africa.

Oops, don't forget Spain. (The Basques)
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:15:58 AM EDT
[#4]
BostonTerrier97's list is pretty acurate.

I don't think there will be a strike in Egypt.  Unless you've forgotten or just don't know it, Egypt has had it's share of problems with Islamic fundamentalist terrorists within it's own border.  Egypt is the country that receives the second most foreign aid from the US (2+ Billion $ per year, which is second only to the amount of aid we give to Israel).  Why would we suddenly consider them an enemy?

DaMan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top