Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 12:26:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I will continue to support the NRA. Although at times it seems like I am throwing my money away, I remind myself where we would all be if we decided to drop our memberships. I fully agree they really need to focus on using their funds in a more productive manner.

Link Posted: 2/26/2001 12:43:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Jews for the Preservation of Firearms
National Rifle Association
Gun Owners of America
Florida Sport Shooting Association
2nd. Ammendment Republican Club of Pasco County
Spirit of '76 Club of Pasco County
Boy Scouts of America

If you don't support those groups that fight
for your Constitutional Rights with your
precious money I am quite sure you are not
going to donate your blood, sweat, and tears
when necessary.

I hold Matt Daugherty and his supporters in
utter contempt. Matt you and your ilk are
just like the whiny yellow dog coward Gen.
George S. Patton bitch slapped in WWII and
you deserve no less. Boys to Men; you boys
have'nt grown up yet.

Link Posted: 2/26/2001 12:47:12 PM EDT
[#3]
All you guys who are not members of the NRA or who let memberships expire are a bunch of cheapskates.

No they ain't perfect but 90% of the membership who is eligable to vote in the NRA elections do not vote.  You have to be a life member or 5 year sustained membership to be able to vote.  You work from within to change things, not drop out and bitch about it.

NRA needs numbers(members) more than they need the $35 bucks.  When they can go to congress and show 10 million unified gun owners and say these people vote and we will remove you from office, they are listened too.  I'm an NRA life member and also a member of GOA.  Join them both!!!!  I did.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 12:54:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Like others have posted I do not like the mailings, begging for money. The question is where would we be if it had not been for the NRA? It's easy to see the answer, when my membership expires I will renew. I will be voting for the people I feel will do the most for us. Still haven't made up my mind on the by-law issue yet.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 1:05:14 PM EDT
[#5]
The only reason I am going to renew my membership is so I don't have to wait in that horrendous line and I get into the gun show for free.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#6]
When i became a life member, I had the choice of installment paying over time, totalling $750, or paying up front $500.

I chose to installment pay, which will cost me more over time.

But the whole POINT is to give $$$ to the cause. Its counterproductive to try to "save money" here.

Link Posted: 2/26/2001 1:19:46 PM EDT
[#7]
NRA failed California, look at there ludicrist laws. No wonder why all the californians are move to the East.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 1:29:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know, I remember receiving a couple of forms to send to my local politicians here in CA, but I don't remember receiving much more than that. I am a yearly member, although I donate an additional $100 or so a year to NRA-ILA. I am also a member of CRPA. I'll probably become a lifetime NRA member soon and continue to donate to NRA-ILA a few times a year.

Actually, I wish there were more retired folks involved at the local level. They have more free time than I, so if they're willing to do the leg work to get demonstrations and drives going, I'm willing to show-up on the weekend and provide additional money to fund it. What's wrong with that? They have the time, I have the money. Sounds like a good combination to me.

What about Gun Owners of America? Are they worth joining? I don't know anything about them.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 1:52:02 PM EDT
[#9]
As a life member you can count me in on the NRA side!

There is power in the number of members it has. It is too bad that there are gun owners who are too lazy or cheap to help support this organization but enjoy the benefits and freedoms we still enjoy thanks to the NRA's efforts.

If all those lazy jerks would join, we would see some quick back-peddling by the gun grabbers.

'nuf said, member # HDA5830B
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 2:09:14 PM EDT
[#10]
The NRA did'nt fail Californians, California gun owners failed themselves.  Californians, liberal idiots that they are, voted in all the liberals.  Not only that, voted them in overwhelmingly in most cases.  In a state dominated by people in big cities living off the gov't dole, what do you expect?  How can NRA help if the gun owners are not willing to vote the bums out.  Strength in numbers.  Live with it, move out or feed the hogs.  You decide!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 2:12:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The NRA did'nt fail Californians, California gun owners failed themselves.  Californians, liberal idiots that they are, voted in all the liberals.  Not only that, voted them in overwhelmingly in most cases.  In a state dominated by people in big cities living off the gov't dole, what do you expect?  How can NRA help if the gun owners are not willing to vote the bums out.  Strength in numbers.  Live with it, move out or feed the hogs.  You decide!!
View Quote

That's teh gospel truth akrazy!!!!!!!! GREAT POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definately sub-MOA. (For you AK owners that means a less than one inch group on a 100 yd range) [;D]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 7:45:34 PM EDT
[#12]
It's really sad to see gun owners not wanting to support the NRA. Just who in the Hell do you think will fight for your gun rights? Oh, that's right, it would cost a whole $35/year to belong. Then again, the NRA didn't stop this law, or that law, from being passed. Typical. Why not let the 4.5 million or so NRA members pay for all of the legal battles in the US? That way, all of the "concerned" gun owners can sit back and bitch about everything that didn't go the way that they wanted it to. Hypocrites!

SamC NRA Endowment Member and damn proud of it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 8:03:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Hangfire, there is no need to attack me or anyone else here personally.I would never call someone I do not know a coward. I did serve my country honorabley in the infantry and I do vote. I happened to sign up two long time gun owners with the NRA last year and got them registered to vote.If you would read my posts again you will see what I'm complaining about is not about the money.What does anything I said have to be about being a coward or not. Just because I question whether or not the NRA truelly is committed to us semi-auto rifle owners. Sending the money is not the central issue I have with the NRA. What I wanted to know is whether there is an organization that fights for us more. I'm sure you would not want people to call you a coward when someone does not know you. If you read further you would also see that I have more of a problem with Republicans than with the NRA.You were right about one thing. I have not given blood in about four years, I used to give regularly when I was in the Army and for about five years afterwards. I will renew my NRA membership tommorrow and I'm joing GOA for the first time.

NO SLACK!
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 8:17:45 PM EDT
[#14]
hey Matt, find the post on here about Democrats dropping gun control.  Read what it says about our Republican President and read what it says about the Republicans in congress.  Those republicans are the only reason the gun control was not enacted in earnest in the Klinton years, especially the last 6.  Republicans have turncoats and anti-freedom loving commies also, but the Democrap party is dominated by those.  We need to keep up the pressure and let the Republicans and Democraps know that gun control will not be tolerated.  Period!!!  If not we are headed for the whole USA being lik PRK and Massatwoshits!  Read this [url]http://www.sierratimes.com/jjjohnson.htm[/url]=Why I Became a Republican
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the article akrazy. There is a Republican from my homestate of Florida by the name of Joe Scarborough (not sure about spelling of last name) who seems like he fits the mold of these libertarian thinking  Republicans.

NO SLACK!
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Hehe  If your not reading JJ's column once a week you should be.  He writes some increadible stuff.

IMO, if Libertarians want to get elected they should run as Republicans.  Like Ron Paul who is in the congress now.  He has to be the most pro-gun congressmen in office.  He tried to get elected as a Libertarian and failed.  He ran as a Republican and just like that he is in office.  You don't think his views changed because he changed party names do you?  Trust me they did'nt.  He's is as Libertarian now as he ever was.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 9:11:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Just added Sierratimes to my favorites. Thanks for the link akrazy.

NO SLACK!
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 11:22:56 AM EDT
[#18]
akrazy, thanks!

JJ just convinced me to not give up on the republican party.  I had no idea that the "Republican Liberty Caucus" even existed.

Cool!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 2:04:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Dear Matt,

Did not call you a coward!
Did not infer you were a coward!

If you want action you have to create action.
We gunowners in Florida were faced with the
Counties regulating gun shows because the
Florida Supreme Court allowed a Constitutional
Ammendment to be put on the ballot that gave
them authority to do so, in spite of the fact
that the Florida Legislature had reserved all
power over firearms.
When the Pasco County Commission started to
get pressure from the St. Petersburg Times
saying the surronding Counties have closed the
gun show loophole the 2nd. Ammendment Republican
Club was born. We appeared before the Commission
along with notable Democrats and the Bill was
defeated. Later the Republican State Party
Leaders decided to revoke our charter. What did
we do? We created the bipartisan Spirit of '76
Club with our Democratic and Libertarian
supporters. We did it house by house grass roots
style, articles to the newspaper, started on
the school board pushing "Uncle Jack,JFPOF;
Eddie Eagle,NRA; gun safety programs, give free
gun safety women, to Nurses, don't mess with Nurses in Pasco County, Teachers, Realtors, the Womens Chamber of Commerce........ get plugged into your community and turn on the juice.
You can meet some real cool women if that would
be any incentive.
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 2:15:37 PM EDT
[#20]

......an enemy of my enemy is my friend

Rosie O'Flinstone (look at that melon head) HATES all the NRA stands for...more than enough reason for me to keep payin......hell double if she hates it that much....

And like the other 300 of ya, I am SO sick of all the mailings, but I would believe that some here are right..they want numbers, not money...If they break even, its ok...they need the numbers....constituents I believe we are called

Link Posted: 2/27/2001 2:41:49 PM EDT
[#21]
"Those who don't stand together...." Well you know the rest.

Without the NRA, we would be talking about how awful it is to have "President Gore". [>(]
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 2:51:46 PM EDT
[#22]
I have had many problems with the NRA.  I bought two memberships last year one for my ex-girlfriend and one for me.  I never recived any membership info for my girlfriend. I called them 10 times and still no card.  I gave up when she broke up with me....However I still pay my dues and will always continue to do so.  I might not always agree with their views, I too think they give to much, but they still help fight the anit's.
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 2:55:51 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm a Life member of both the NRA and CRPA and make no apologies to anyone.  My question is this. How many of you complainers have taken a few minutes to sit down and write a letter or E-Mail to your congressman, senator, or state legislators.  Go to the CRPA.org website and get some good tips on how to do so.  We're in a protracted war with the anti 2nd Amendment crowd and we just have to keep up the fight as long as it takes.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top