Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2001 3:45:46 AM EDT
Just got off the phone 5:00AM MST with flight service and national airspace is to open at 9:00AM Mountain time.  Damn, I can begin to make money again!  Anyone else here have their paychecks stopped at 8:00AM Tuesday?  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 4:20:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I heard a rumor that they were indeed going to open airports again, but only to get the flights to their original destinations.  They were going to close up right after that again.

Truth? Who knows.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:12:06 AM EDT
[#2]
The FAA released to the press in the middle of last night that 9 am EST; interrupted flights were to be released and all airspace was to be returned to Civil control by 11AM EST.  That was at 5AM MST when I was eating toast and prepping for a possible flight.  At 11AM the order was recinded until further notice.  We heard something else big was going down.  

Anyone hear of Staten Island being closed and an "unspecified police action" being in progress?  

A couple of us were ready to launch a fligh of three for a freedom flight around our valley.  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:16:44 AM EDT
[#3]
ABC reported something about Staten Island.  I had to do some work so I missed what followed.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:24:34 AM EDT
[#4]
planerench, where are you located, I'm down here in Twin Falls.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:33:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Based at Nampa International (chuckle).  Planerench
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:45:47 AM EDT
[#6]
planerench, LOL!! good one :)

my cousin is the acting commander at Gowen Field for the a-10's. He's always wondered what his cannon would do to a camel!!

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 1:57:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Mike Chenoweth, son of former representative Helen Chenoweth is my buddy and works for us here and is an engineer on the C130s.  I have worked with LT. Webb of Boise PD who is an A-10 pilot.  Planerench out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top