Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2001 6:47:55 PM EDT
Many thanks to the AR15.com member who brought this to my attention!!

I just forwarded the following to about 50 people.

[b]call KMart at 800-635-6278 and voice your opinion - don't forget to spread the word![/b]

Some people are so ignorant - I have heard some people promoting the suspension of personal liberties.  Everyone needs to write their congressmen and stress that the suspension of personal liberties is not the way to handle this situation or stop terrorism.  If we start ignoring the Constitution, it's amendments, and the bill of rights, then we aren't the USA anymore and they win.  Example - Kmart just announced that because of the attacks, they are stopping all sales of guns and ammo.  Makes sense, doesn't it?????????  Wouldn't it make more sense to stop the sale of box cutters......  You need to let your friends know about this type of thing.  KMart has long been on my boycott list and will continue to be there.  They get NONE of my hard earned money.

I called my local Kmart ten minutes ago and spoke to the store manager and was told that KMart wanted to promote a "cooling off period" after the terrorist attacks.  I asked if he was talking about restricting firearms and ammunition so that vigilantes wouldn't go shoot up mosques or otherwise threaten Muslims.  He gave a half-hearted "yes".  I then asked "what if a Muslim was in fear for their life and needed a firearm and/or ammo to protect their family but was unable to obtain it since KMart had already decided for them that they would be  better off unarmed?".  He understood my point.

I would encourage everyone to call Kmart at 1-800-635-6278 and make your opinion known.

Tate
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:54:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Just called.

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:08:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Emailed 'em yesterday.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:16:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I quit shopping at K-mart months ago and let them know why.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:20:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Kmart's on my boycott list already. I guess they could be added to the 'double secret boycott' list [;)]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:44:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I called and I dont thank they even cared that I will not shop in there stores no longer.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 8:32:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Just sent Kmart an Email.  I was already boycotting them over removing pistol ammo.  I, and my money, will never set foot in another one of their stores again.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:29:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Just called, boy that felt good.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 8:35:09 AM EDT
[#8]
btt
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 8:37:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I believe that they just suspended it for a day.  They're selling them again, not that I'd buy from them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top