Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2001 4:23:53 PM EDT
... He is so insistant on, and proud of "playing by the rules" in the CIA.
Well, it has bitten us squarely on our ass.
In my opinion, as much tax dollars we flood that department with, our intelligence community should have known something.
There is no room for errors in matters with the magintude of the WTC attack.
Fire him now!
Where is the accountability?
No other world power in histrory would keep this asshole on the payroll after such a miserable failure.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:34:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I also wonder what our allies might have known about this operation in advance.  As much as the Isrealis have infiltrated the various middle eastern terrorist groups, why didn't they develop some intel on this?  How about the Saudi's/Kuwaiti's, etc?  Hard to beleive this was planned, prepared and executed without someone being tipped off.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:41:08 PM EDT
[#2]
i am sure that, as usual, months from now it will come out that israel or the brits did warn us, and as usual, it 'got lost' going thru channels.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:42:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Perhaps not lost!
News media starting to pickup on it.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,34293,00.html
Good Read!
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:43:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
For God'sake relax, the guy just got into the job, and has 8 years of Klinton to recover from.
Get real.
View Quote

... and what? (in my best nasaly liberal apologists voice)

... "oh give him another chance"
NO, YOU GET REAL
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:53:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Little more in depth article on the spy recruitment process.  Obviously a critical element in this scenerio.
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/9/11/232727.shtml

This is no time to relax on any front!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:48:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
For God'sake relax, the guy just got into the job, and has 8 years of Klinton to recover from.
Get real.
View Quote

Are you thinking that he just came in with Bush? Sorry, he was Clinton's director of Central Intelligence also. He has got to go, but I somehow doubt that's gonna happen. He was totally worthless during the temple mount flare up, when this recent intifada began. I mean a real bungler - trying to meet Arafat WHILE HIS HOUSE WAS BEING BOMBED BY THE ISRAELIS!
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:26:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Its not Tenet's fault.  I saw a news conference with GWB Sr., he should know since he was the head of the CIA.  He said that the real our intelligence failed was because the news media muck raker would expose some bad part of the CIA that is unethical etc, such as dealing with Manual Noriega, the former dictator of Panama.  But Geo. Bush Sr. said that gathering intelligence is a dirty job, involving people with questionable motives.  He further stated that some people motives for co-operating with the CIA are sometimes noble, sometimes for money, sometimes for woman.  But when you take those aspects away, you are loosing part of your eyes & ears.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 1:02:03 PM EDT
[#10]
In my best nasaly grade-school-yard voice ...
[size=3][blue][i]... I told you so![/i][/blue][/size=3]

CHANGE AT CIA?

The massive intelligence failure in the Sept. 11 terrorist attack is likely to prove the end of George Tenet's tenure as CIA director, according to members of congressional intelligence committees.
View Quote

[url]http://www.townhall.com/columnists/robertnovak/rn20010915.shtml[/url]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 1:25:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top