Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2001 3:23:05 PM EDT
Hello guys,
Serious question here.

Should the US exercise it's nuclear option in this case?  

I say yes.  An invading Army would have been hard pressed to kill as many people as bin Ladens sentry's did.  

The main reason this shit happened is because we have liberal idiots like Rosie O. brainwashing America into a "Politically Correct" stupor.

Here is the deal...America is the big boy on the block, yes the bully.  Someone has to be the bully.  If America wants to be a liberal oasis, then someone esle will become the bully as evidenced Tuesday morning.

America must re-assert herself as the most powerful force this planet has ever seen.  If we do not make a RESOUNDING statement of our intent to NOT tolerate this, it will continue, and soon you can bet.

So I ask you, my fellow Americans who all will never enjoy the same country we did yesterday.
Should we exercise our nuclear option in this case.  I say yes.  It is justified.

I am not saying use it right now.  I am saying it is an option if bin Laden is not handed over very very soon.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:27:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont think we should use Nukes unless they used or use biological weapons.  If we did someone would definatly spead some biologicals all of us.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:27:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck you.
thats all i have to say about that.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:29:18 PM EDT
[#3]
No nukes, not yet.

Identify a target.

The U.S. is still THE world power and we are not about to fry any country because they are harboring a terrorist, at least, not yet.

I don't like it, but we have got to play by the rules to ensure our world standing.

F*****g politics!
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I dont think we should use Nukes unless they used or use biological weapons.  If we did someone would definatly spead some biologicals all of us.
View Quote

We will ask this question again when the final death toll is announced.

What is the threshhold you would use for a nuclear response? 10,000, 20,000, 30,000 deaths?

This could be the greatest single death toll for anything in the nations history.  If this doesn't beg for the ultimate response, nothing ever will.

Innocent non combatants were killed for no reason.  Yes, the Arabs need to burn.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:38:09 PM EDT
[#5]
'troll, I've gotta disagree with you on this one. Yes a statement must be made,however , it should not be to release the nuclear genie out of the bottle! This faction of militant terrorists want nothing more than to prove that we are the"great Satan" that they tell their subjects we are! No slam to you but I think it's important to send the proper message"This is an act of war, and you who propagate war shall be those who pay"
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:41:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Well thanks for the responses, but I do choose to disagree.

There are times for diplomacy...then there are times to go for the throat.

This is one such time.

We have known for many years what was going on in the middle east.

This is war poeple.  Understand the amount of collateral damage we have and are about to suffer.

To BCBUD...Super Fuck You.  This is my country and more poeple were just killed on it's soil than have been ever.

The Nuclear option is justified.  

It's use as a deterrent obviously is no more.
We are a superpower.  We must assert ourselves as a superpower.

I am not saying use it right now.  I am saying it is an option if bin Laden is not handed over very very soon.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:45:19 PM EDT
[#7]
What's his face from Isreal said the Arabs are working on nuclear weapons as we speak and had they had them availble, they certainly would have used them. Looking at these terrorists, at their behavior, I have no reason to doubt it. If we must use penetrating nuclear warheads to destroy their nuclear research and manufacturing plants, then so be it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:50:30 PM EDT
[#8]
as much as i'd like to see these _______  (i can't say a name bad enough so just fill in the blank with whatever you'd like) get what they've got coming to them, i think sending off a bunch a nukes is just cutting off our nose to spite our face.

unlike WW2, we aren't the only ones with nukes anymore.  and don't kid yourself, ours wouldn't be the only ones launched.

we're outraged that innocents were killed and injured.  but we are no better than the terrorists if we use nukes to retatliate because thousands of more innocents will be affected than we intend to unleash our anger on.  the effects of nukes are widespread and we'd be polluting our own world.  eventually that will come back to harm (haunt?) us.  we would not be immune to the effects of those nukes.

something along the lines of the bombing of germany in the final days/weeks/months of WW2 would suit me just fine.  relentless, hounding bombing.  it kills just as well as a nuke.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:51:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Now that's a "stockpile".[:P]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What's his face from Isreal said the Arabs are working on nuclear weapons as we speak and had they had them availble, they certainly would have used them. Looking at these terrorists, at their behavior, I have no reason to doubt it. If we must use penetrating nuclear warheads to destroy their nuclear research and manufacturing plants, then so be it.
View Quote

Exactly  It is time to either shit or get off the pot.

If I told you "Hey man, let's go jack some planes and crash into the Eiffel Tower."  Most of you would say the same thing BCBUD said. Fuck You.

Well, It was done to all of us, it is time for a "Fuck You" response.  Nothing less than making a overly gross example of this situation will prevent it from happening again.

Either they bring us bin Laden..NOW or we act the same way they did.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:56:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
as much as i'd like to see these _______  (i can't say a name bad enough so just fill in the blank with whatever you'd like) get what they've got coming to them, i think sending off a bunch a nukes is just cutting off our nose to spite our face.

unlike WW2, we aren't the only ones with nukes anymore.  and don't kid yourself, ours wouldn't be the only ones launched.

we're outraged that innocents were killed and injured.  but we are no better than the terrorists if we use nukes to retatliate because thousands of more innocents will be affected than we intend to unleash our anger on.  the effects of nukes are widespread and we'd be polluting our own world.  eventually that will come back to harm (haunt?) us.  we would not be immune to the effects of those nukes.

something along the lines of the bombing of germany in the final days/weeks/months of WW2 would suit me just fine.  relentless, hounding bombing.  it kills just as well as a nuke.
View Quote

I knew a carpet bomber fan was going to chime in real quick.  I should have addressed that right off.

My feelings about carpet bombing are not unlike yours.  But it shows too much courtesy.  Too much chance.

Bring us bin Laden, or we set you back to the stone age.  Not that your too far from it already.

Yes the global community has to be unified in our decision.

Of course many countries will opt for the "Fuck You" response many of you seem to prefer.  Imagine our standing in the global community if we actually pull up to the UN and say we would like to exercise our nuclear option.

Yes, in all actuality...It ain't gonna happen.

America will have re asserted herself as the defining superpower in the world.
Healed her reputation so to speak.

Yes we have the Nukes.  It has been the fear we had the guts to follow through that has prevented the events witnessed Tuesday from happening.

Yes it is an ugly, ugly thing.  Rewind to Tuesday, repeat.Rewind to Tuesday, Repeat
Rewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, Repeat

This is WAR.  Try to remember what happened Tuesday.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:59:08 PM EDT
[#12]
The Governments or entities that harbor and finance these terror operations obviously cannot govern themselves or are true enemies of this state, one of the two is correct.  Then the decision must be made on how to eliminate them with extreme prejudice.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:01:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I think We wait a little, Just to see what They will do. If There is any wavering on Them giving Us the people responsible for this...... I Would want Them to be dealt with in the >Strongest< way possible. I am normally against War, but We ARE at war. We need to be the Biggest and Baddest Mo-Fo's on the block. Not the "Well, now!, Let's not be to hasty here!" Pussys We have been in the past few years. If We're so worried about the nuclear fallout, just send neutron bombs instead....A big boom, Nice hard radiation....a few weeks later You hose down the streets!...put up a few Mickey D's...It's Like Disneyland! [}:)] [}:)]

"Everybody Dead,...I Like that!"
(Long Wang The Shadow Warrior) [uzi]

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:10:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I knew a carpet bomber fan was going to chime in real quick.  I should have addressed that right off.

My feelings about carpet bombing are not unlike yours.  But it shows too much courtesy.  Too much chance.

Bring us bin Laden, or we set you back to the stone age.  Not that your too far from it already.

Yes the global community has to be unified in our decision.

Of course many countries will opt for the "Fuck You" response many of you seem to prefer.  Imagine our standing in the global community if we actually pull up to the UN and say we would like to exercise our nuclear option.

Yes, in all actuality...It ain't gonna happen.

America will have re asserted herself as the defining superpower in the world.
Healed her reputation so to speak.

Yes we have the Nukes.  It has been the fear we had the guts to follow through that has prevented the events witnessed Tuesday from happening.

Yes it is an ugly, ugly thing.  Rewind to Tuesday, repeat.Rewind to Tuesday, Repeat
Rewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, RepeatRewind to Tuesday, Repeat

This is WAR.  Try to remember what happened Tuesday.
View Quote

i don't need you to remind me what happened yesterday.  i saw it all day long, thank you.

i just happen to take an interest in what happens to me after we exact our retribution on them.

and don't think for a moment that because i don't advocate the use of nukes that i'm soft of them.  i just happen to have a realistic viewpoint on what's going to happen in the aftermath and it ain't pretty.  i'm not about to hurt myself to hurt them when there are alternatives to that outcome.  they want us dead/injured already.  why help them out?  in the great words of john wayne:  "i ain't paying 'em for that."  they will not get one iota of satisfaction out of our retribution.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Various
View Quote

You were not watching what I was Tuesday apparently.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#16]
i feel that there is a very sober argument in favor of using at least one nuclear weapon.  what is so stunning about this attack is its audacity.  we keep saying it was a miscalculation; perhaps that is because we still believe we might use a nuke.  i am beginning to suspect that there are a lot of people in the world who are willing to bet the farm that we won't.  in fact, that may, in a nutshell, be the whole problem here.   i'll bet a nickel the nuke option is by no means off the table.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top