Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2001 1:43:32 PM EDT
What a miserable, Godforsaken (Allahforsaken?) spot.  No wonder BinLaden always needs a bath:making this place into a parking lot looks like it would be an improvement.  At least it would be level and clean. Remembering that the Soviets fared so well there, I did a little research: [url]http://www.governmentguide.com/govsite.adp?bread=*Main&url=http%3A//www.governmentguide.com/ams/clickThruRedirect.adp%3F55076483%2C16920155%2Chttp%3A//www.odci.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/af.html[/url].  

Since a few low yield nukes would actually improve the place, send'em the bill for the work.  YoMama BinLaden is a 'rich businessman',
he can pay for it.

In all seriousness, that is going to be a truly shitty place if we send troop over there.  The terrain makes West Virginia look like Kansas, there is no infrastructure, roads are lousy, and the place in landlocked.  Iran is to the West, Pakistan to the southeast, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan to the northeast.  I think India may even finger the northeast corner.  Hard to get into and out of, not to mention move around in. This is going to be interesting.

the shooter [sniper]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:46:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a perfect place for Nuclear Weapons testing.[;)]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 2:08:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Glow in the dark parking spots! Cool idea you two have there.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 2:32:16 PM EDT
[#3]
No doubt it will be tough on the GI's. However, its time to put up or shut up. Do we let others murder thousands of our people at will with impunity. I just don't see how we have any other option. As much as I think they deserve getting nuked, if Bin Laden is to blame, I don't think its something we should do. Morally, it is a horrendous option. Tactically, it would very likely draw India, China, Pakistan, others into any military conflict. All in all, a bad idea. Afganistan has rough terrain but is not nearly as wooded as West Virginia.
I really have to say so that to not have a formal declaration and all out war over this would be a horrible mistake that we would pay for over decades.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 2:36:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 2:42:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, so far up to what I know/heard, we do not yet know a country to blame.  I am however all for leveling the country responsible, simular to what reagen did to libia.  And they have never thought about touching us again.  
But going to a WAR is not a good idea in our corrent millitary sitution.  I think one of two things should happen.  a.Let isreal run and take over the middle east.  That may create other problems. but I love isreal.  B.Any known terrist group, every member, weather it be for half a day or years, is assinated.  Go after the group and destory.  If a country, has a problem with our forces doing this, I consider them to be harboring the known terrist and is then in turn an accompiss, in which case.  Lite'em up.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Let's erase Afghanistan from the map
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#7]
2 words for ya CARPET BOMB
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 2:51:12 PM EDT
[#8]
One nice sheet of glass the nukes would make of that sand.  [sniper]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Glow in the dark parking spots! Cool idea you two have there.
View Quote

I will second that motion
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Last time someone bombed us, we nuked `em.
Why wouldn't that still be a good idea?
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:27:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Rough terrain? NO F*CKING problem. We got mountain divisions, light Infantry......oops, I almost forgot......we got the 101st Airborne, ALL of whom are most likely gnashing their teeth for a chance to do what they do.  edited 'cause I couldn't even spell "oops"-it sucks to be stupid, sometimes [:B]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:41:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Parking lot? Nah, .... Smoking Crater, 1 each, Moon Sized.....
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 2:35:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah fine, all you snake eaters out there.  I'm going to sound like Goat Boy here and say this:
while I'm as much for mile after square mile of pristine Afghan Asphalt, realistically, just what in the hell do we attack?  The place is essentially run by a bunch of tribes.  Personally, before I committed the tools at our disposal, not to mention the lives of the men in them, I'd want to be reasonably certain that we weren't going to have another Soviet Vietnam on our hands.  It's not like we're going to stand toe to toe with the Iraqi army, this enemy is like fucking smoke.  I want to smash something hard, like right NOW, but dammit, exactly what I personally don't know.  I only pray that other, better informed heads can send righteous retribution to the proper address.  God Help Us All (but not that Bin Laden bastard).

shooter [sniper]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 2:42:40 AM EDT
[#14]
We should just dump all our spent fuel rods on them. Sure no explosions, but they seem to like shit in their country so we should just dump our shit there too.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:52:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
We should just dump all our spent fuel rods on them. Sure no explosions, but they seem to like shit in their country so we should just dump our shit there too.
View Quote

Not a bad idea.  Maybe airlift the rubble from the WTC and drop it on Bin Laden's towel wrapped noggin.  

shooter [sniper]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:32:31 AM EDT
[#16]
I hope we have good intel.

Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:37:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Hmm. Seems the fog of war is hitting this board too.  I just came from the locked folder GoatBoy posted about racist terms where I backed The Goat against blanket condemnation of all Arabs, citing specifically that the "Shoot'em all and let God sort'em out" philosophy won't play.  Another poster accused me of hypocrisy based on the premise of this board.  Well, maybe so; I can see that point of view, so I"ll draw them a picture so they can understand. I chose this post title mainly because it was a phrase I've been hearing a lot lately. It was intended as dark humor. Would I like to turn Afghanistan into a parking lot?  Fucking A, I need to see somebody pay in a big way for all this.   Could I push the button to do it?  Nope.  Why?  Because a lot of innocent people who had nothing to do with this shit would pay the ultimate price, and I'm not so casual about collateral damage.  Also, not one blanket condemnation in the whole post.  

The actual intent of this post was to point out that Afganistan would be a hellish place to fight a war.  Yes, I'm pissed as hell, but no chance am I going to start terrorizing Muslim schoolchildren like some redneck KKK asshole.
Like I said: save the anger and focus it on those responsible. Blanket racist statements aren't going to help anything and make us no better than those we fight.  

I don't expect a whole lot more out of this post cuz I hear the Goat warming up the 'lock' finger.

shooter[sniper]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top