Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2001 12:46:54 PM EDT
Af friend of mine was trying to buy up a lot of .22lr hollow-points for his 10/22 today.  He says the he was told by K-Mart that they were no longer sellimg ammo.

I called the closest K-Mart in the area (to me) and they said that "we just started selling it again a while ago, but we will only sell it one box at a time... one box for each customer!"

We here we go again.  K-Mart stopped selling ammo (and guns) yesterday after the attacks in NYC/DC.  Did those attacks have *anything* to do with guns and ammo?  Nope.  What a bunch of assholes.  I'll never buy another damned thing from K-Mart.

I guess they want Boeing to hold up on sales of airplanes too.  What a disgrace to the US K-Mart has become.

I apologize if there is already an existing thread on this topic.  I looked, but could not find one, before posting this.

ARnSC  [chainsawkill]
PS: I hope I am doing this Anim Legend thing right... I am pretty new around here.  

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:05:10 PM EDT
[#2]
A friend of mine in Miami went to buy some ammo, at WalMart today, they refused to sell it to him or any patrons for that matter they said it was a WalMart corporate decision not to sell ammo, for how long they don't know. WTF?

-------------------------------------------
[url]www.floridashootersnetwork.com[/url]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:14:26 PM EDT
[#3]
what are you guys buying Kommie Mart ammo for anyway?????

Go to your local gun dealer, pay more and give him a reason to stay in business.

Its in your OWN best interest.

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Why are you folks buying ammo at the height of this hysteria?  You should have at least a small stash, not too prudent, out of good corporate conscience and social responsibility, these folks can stop selling ammo to you at anytime, and you will be SOL.  Here in Calif., the city of Los Angeles stopped selling ammo at the height of the '92 riots.  You have be prepared and buy this stuff ahead of time before you really need it, it kinda like survival food.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:27:08 PM EDT
[#5]
i was in kmart this morning and all the guns
were indeed gone. i asked the sporting goods guy
what was up. he said corporate decision due to the fact that a couple of kmart stores were
looted during the rodney king LA riots. these
stores were in st.louis. all that was taken were
the guns. my wife did some grocery shopping
and i went next door to best buy. by the time
i went back in to find her they were putting
the guns back in the cases.  scare over.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:34:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
what are you guys buying Kommie Mart ammo for anyway?????

Go to your local gun dealer, pay more and give him a reason to stay in business.

Its in your OWN best interest.

View Quote

You are right, garandman... My pal is just in a frenzy to buy guns and ammo today.  He first went to the local Wal-Mart, where he apparently *was* able to buy three "bricks" of the .22lr hp's.  He was on his way to a gunshop to buy more, but thought he'd cruise by the local K-Mart, which is only a mile away from Wal-Mart, before heading into town.

I wouldn't by JS from them... haven't bought a thing at K-Mart since the early Rosie days.

ARnSC  [:D]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:58:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I love it!!! I love it!!!
Stupid ass Kmart and Walmart.
Thanks to them I almost sold out of every kind of pistol ammo I had yesterday. We are talking thousands of rounds. I expect more ammo in tommorrow and unlike the gasoline asshole's I have kept my prices the same. Here are some of my normal prices.
I sell UMC 45acp for $12.25 per box,9mm UMC $10.15 per box. Wolf 7.62 for $2.25 per box or by the case for $105.00.
I may be crazy but I don't believe its right to raise my prices just to take advantage of the situation right now. I'll also bet folks will remember who tries to take advantage of them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 2:06:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I sent the following message to Kmart.  I encourage all to do the same.

To whom it may concern:

I am greatly disapointed when I heard the news that Kmart decided to take guns and ammunition off of their shelves due to the recent incident in america.  I am a conservative, gun owning, right wing, pro-USA, Saved by the blood of Jesus Christ christian.  I will not be supporting Kmart any longer due to the action taken by this corporation.  My dollars can be better spent to support local business and corporations that support my views as well as constitutional freedoms.  Much of Virginia feels the same way about this as I do.  I beleive that Kmart should offer a public apology for this act of unconstitutional behavior.  Being politically correct does not mean you are doing the right thing, It just means that you have bent to the cause of mediocrity and have given away a peice of your freedom in an effort to please all.  Keep handing away your freedoms in a effort to please all and soon you are left without freedom.  Freedom is the beating heart of America. The founding fathers were aware of the great power of the human spirit and the power of freedom which inspires it.  

Sincerely,

Chris Williams
View Quote

[url][email protected][/url]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:48:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Got a good email address?
I tried:
[email protected]
and it bounced(got that one from one of my 2nd amendment buddies.
Thanks in advance.
Maybe Osama and Rosie have private parking spaces at K-mart! No more "blue light specials" for this hillbilly!
TF
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:21:43 PM EDT
[#10]
The email is at the bottom of my last post.

Thanks,

Chris Williams
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Great email/letter to KMart, Chris.  I was going to send a similar one after you posted yours, but they have screwed around with the email address so that it now points to more of their BS instead of an email link.

We have got to put KMart out of business.  Let's do it the right way and just quit doing business with them.  Get the word out to all of our friends that KMart is anti-self-defense, thus they are anti-2nd Amendment, thus they are anti-Constitutional, thus they are anti-American.  

So they, by their own definition, are the enemy.  Buying goods from them is the same as buying goods from the enemy.  Putting money in the enemy's pocket is the same as giving them more power to do away with America as our founding fathers defined it.

And anyway... we don't need their cheap bullshit stuff anyway!  LOL!!!  [^]

ARnSC
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:06:55 PM EDT
[#12]
ABC announced that K-Mart decided not to sell guns or ammo today (09/12/01).  They gave no reason.

However, other stores semmed to do a brisk business.

I'm not shopping at K-Mart again.  Even if they have ammo sales (clearance pistol) or whatever, forget it.  [pissed]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:31:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
ABC announced that K-Mart decided not to sell guns or ammo today (09/12/01).  They gave no reason.

However, other stores semmed to do a brisk business.

I'm not shopping at K-Mart again.  Even if they have ammo sales (clearance pistol) or whatever, forget it.  [pissed]
View Quote

Ditto on that, prebans.  Screw 'em.

ARnSN  [pissed]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 12:50:46 PM EDT
[#14]
No problem with K-Mart here - They gave up a few years ago and closed their store.  Now we just have a Wally World for the big store in town.  I'd rather pay more at the local gun store than anywhere else just to keep them in business and be known as a regular in the store.

Get to know your local gun store owner - he (or she!) may be the best friend you ever had.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top