Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2001 9:23:41 AM EDT
Someone e-mailed this to me. There are some gaps in it. Does anyone have the full text?

...on the 11 day of the 9 month that...two metal
>birds would crash into two tall statues...in the new city..and the world
>will end soon after" __"From the book of Nostradamus
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 9:32:45 AM EDT
[#1]
This is crosshair's wife, i have the book and dug it out...there is nothing in there that i can find by looking in the index for 'bird' 'metal' or 'new city'...there are other passages with these terms, but not that one.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 9:52:12 AM EDT
[#2]
That one must be from Nostradumbass's book.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 9:56:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Like anyone can verify [i]any[/i] "Nostradamus" statement?[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 9:57:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 9:58:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a copy of a nostradamus book called "Nostradamus Predictions Rewritten To Conform To An Event After The Fact". It gets updated quite frequently. Seems the nostradamus believers add to it often.

There's another book called "Predictions Made Ahead of Time That Turned Out To Be Wrong So They Were Made Again About Another Event". That one is pretty big as well.

The only short book about his predictions I have is "Specific Nostradamus Predictions That Proved Correct". It has no pages.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 11:06:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Here is the Nostradamus quote that was sent to me today:

In the year of the new century and nine months,
From the sky will come a great King of Terror...
The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
Fire approaches the great new city...”
“In the city of york there will be a great collapse, 2 twin brothers
torn apart by chaos while the fortress falls the great leader will succumb
third big war will begin when the big city is burning”
· NOSTRADAMUS

Can't verify its authenticity. Probably BS?
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 11:19:11 AM EDT
[#7]
... a short related read:

[url]http://www.abrieflookattomorrow.com/America%20Be%20Warned.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks like horseshit
Smells like horseshit
Feels like horseshit
Tastes like horseshit

Good thing we didn't step in it!

edited fer spellin'!
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 11:24:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

edited fer spellin'!
View Quote

And funny as hell![:D]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 11:27:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Wasn't there a prediction from Nostradumbass that said Saddam Hussein would swoop down out of the skies to take over the world in 1999?

Last I knew, Saddam isn't even allowed to fly in a plane, outside of the narrow air corridors in Iraq....
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I heard that o Howard Stern thismorning, and Bobabooy(I think) was looking up Nostradaums stuff, and that one isn't in there.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 11:43:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wasn't there a prediction from Nostradumbass that said Saddam Hussein would swoop down out of the skies to take over the world in 1999?

Last I knew, Saddam isn't even allowed to fly in a plane, outside of the narrow air corridors in Iraq....
View Quote

Saddam is not specifically named, but what is mentioned is that someone who wears a "blue turban" (U.N. helmet?) starts WWIII.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 11:45:49 AM EDT
[#13]
This is the real quote, the one sent to you looks like an amalgamation of two or three quatrians.

Century 10, Quatrain 72

L'an mil neuf cens nonante neuf sept mois,
Du ciel viendra vn grand Roy d'effrayeur:
le grand Roy d'Angolmois,
Auant apres Mars regner par bon-heur.

The year 1999 and seven months
From the sky shall come the great king of terror
The great Mongolian King of old shall resurrect
Before and after wars shall reign at will

COMMENT: In July 1999, World War III or to be precisely, the European war shall begin as the Chastisement from God. Like Mongolians of old, the invaders shall come from the East (Russians and Muslims) to Europe and they shall be merciless and brutal.

The original French Translation says 1999 and "SEPTEMBER Mois" which can mean seventh month or SEPTEMBER  month. Nostradamus could have meant the year 1999 (completed) plus the (sacred) seventh month of TISHRI in the Hebrew Calendar.

During his lifetime, a Calendar controversy was raging between the Julian and Gregorgian Calendars which we use today. Nostradamus could have used the ancient Hebrew Calendar to predict the coming of "The King of Terror from The Sky" (C10 Q 72) as he knew the Hebrew Calendar would remain unchanged. This year TISHRIi ran from 30 SEPTEMBER to 27 OCTOBER.

At forty and five (40.5)degrees, the sky will burn, Fire approaches the great new city,
Immediately a huge, scattered flame leaps up
When they want to have verification from the Norman
(Century 6, Quatrain 97)

Earth-shaking fire from the center of the earth.
will cause the towers around the New City to shake, Two great rocks for a long time will make war, And then Arethusa will color a new river red.
(Century 1,  Quatrain 87)

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 11:03:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 12:22:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Didn't Nostradamus also predict and name Adolf Hitler and Napolean? Did Nostradamus actually say a blue turban cause he could have easily have said a hat or something, sounds like he was trying to be specific by saying turban as in a middle east head dress.

Just more food for thought.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top