Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2001 7:50:28 PM EDT
For the price of a few plane tickets they carried out one of the worlds most deadliest and expensive attacks ever devised by man. These people are to be feared, what else do they have up their sleeves? Next it might be biological. Calm heads and good intelligence will be needed to get these bad boys. I really don't think it is possible to stop people that are willing to die for a cause, they are brain trained and wired to go. I believe the mid-east problem has to be resolved or we can expect another event like this to happen. God's spirit guide our nations leaders and welcome the souls of the thousands of innocent victims into your house, and God's peace give rest and comfort to all the victims families.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I know what you mean. They keep talking about the money and intelligence needed to pull this off.
Let's do the math. There were four planes and three to five terrorist per plane armed with box knives. Okay, now we're getting some where.
They need at least one per plane with rudimentary flying skills and someone that can read an airline schedule. (They could look on the little board over the ticket counter to simplify this.)
So they need 12 to 20 terrorist, four of which can half ass fly a plane, a case of box knives, 12 to 20 tickets (one way no doubt) and one that can read English.
Unless I'm missing something I do not see where all the money and brilliant planning that was needed.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I know what you mean. They keep talking about the money and intelligence needed to pull this off.
Let's do the math. There were four planes and three to five terrorist per plane armed with box knives. Okay, now we're getting some where.
They need at least one per plane with rudimentary flying skills and someone that can read an airline schedule. (They could look on the little board over the ticket counter to simplify this.)
So they need 12 to 20 terrorist, four of which can half ass fly a plane, a case of box knives, 12 to 20 tickets (one way no doubt) and one that can read English.
Unless I'm missing something I do not see where all the money and brilliant planning that was needed.
View Quote

Concur.

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:43:58 PM EDT
[#3]
The individual flying the plane on the video I saw had way more than "rudimentary flying skills".
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#4]
All he did was a last minute left turn correction. Trust me flying a bus like that is not that difficult. Does not take much to learn what switch is the transponder power button either.

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 9:01:14 PM EDT
[#5]
At the speed at which they were moving, the turn had to be damned precise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top