Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2001 5:22:47 PM EDT

what frightens me about todays events, is how easy they attacks were made to look. coordinated, organized, and almost flawlessly implemented.

there were no reports of foiled hijackings, or diffused bombs, it almsot seems as if everything went according to plan...except for the pgh crash.

considering the sequence of events...hit a tower...with all media focused...hit the second one.

hit the pentagon, with all media focused, maybe the 4th plane was to hit it again...or perhaps the white house.

so know with the entire country focused on the attacks, would it seem like a good time for something even bigger.

anyone contemplating the idea of a "next step" or secondary attack? and what it might be?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:34:13 PM EDT
[#1]
The possibilites are endless, and it all scares the crap out of me!  I already went through the Oklahoma bombing.  I was close enough at the time to actually hear the blast.  I didn't lose any family, but my sister worked in a building only a block away, so that was a very long day for me.  Friends lost family members.  It was horrible.  

Now multiply that how many times?  50,000 people worked in the World Trade Center.  Not to mention those on the planes that were hijacked.  My nephew works at Tinker AFB in Oklahoma.  I now live in New Mexico and my husband works very close to the labs in Los Alamos (which were evacuated today).  I just heard the first plane I've heard all day, going into Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque.  What's the next target?  I gotta tell ya....I'm shaking in my boots.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:46:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

what frightens me about todays events, is how easy they attacks were made to look. coordinated, organized, and almost flawlessly implemented.

there were no reports of foiled hijackings, or diffused bombs, it almsot seems as if everything went according to plan...except for the pgh crash.

considering the sequence of events...hit a tower...with all media focused...hit the second one.

hit the pentagon, with all media focused, maybe the 4th plane was to hit it again...or perhaps the white house.

so know with the entire country focused on the attacks, would it seem like a good time for something even bigger.

anyone contemplating the idea of a "next step" or secondary attack? and what it might be?
View Quote

No shit!
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The plane that went down in PA was to go to Camp David and the Pilot ditched it before they could get there. Now I am curious if there was a bomb on it or not. Doesn't look like a lot of pieces left of it after it crashed and looks like it might have landed and then exploded.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:54:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I suspect the drones are already in the country waiting for a phone call.  They have predefined targets and just go about their business until told to attack.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:02:09 PM EDT
[#5]
We'll never be able to draw another breath of worry-free air until the criminals who did this, the countries who supported this, and the limp-wristed assholes at security gates are all taken to task for their actions!

So tomorrow, or the next day, or next year, we will be waiting for the other shoe to drop until this threat has been eradicated once and for all!

Eric The(HopefullySoonerRatherThanLater)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#6]
What really scares me is that "they" were so organized about this that, it may be possible that a chemical type attack is in the works. This will cause real havoc. Hopefully the FBI, NSA, Military, CIA and all other alphabet soup guys are looking at every possible scenario to prevent a second attack. I pray to God this is all we need to contend with.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:11:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I have canceled all of my appts. for Wednesday and will spend the day reloading and working on a range cart.
Simper Fi
Bill
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:14:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Everyone keeps saying they were so organized about this. Guys, guys, guys.. it is not that difficult to check flight scedules for planes leaving about the time you want, then buy tickets. The aircraft would be fairly easy to learn what you need to do (turn off transponder, and keep it in the air till you got to your target). The naviagation is not rocket science. It would be hard to miss NY and or the WTC, the pentagon as well. Wepons? I think we recently had a thread on here about taking knives in airliners no? a handful of reasonably smart guys could plan this and put it together in less than a month.

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:15:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I suspect the drones are already in the country waiting for a phone call.  They have predefined targets and just go about their business until told to attack.  
View Quote

TWO of these planes took off from Logan Airport in Boston, WITH the hijackers embarking there. I can only wonder if there are still more in the Boston area, and who is hiding them out. I wouldn't be surprised if they did have support in this area, because there are a lot of wacky left-wing types in the Boston area, esp. in Cambridge.

We have no way of knowing if there are more, and if so, where they are.

And that's why I'm typing this with a loaded AR lying on my lap....
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:18:04 PM EDT
[#10]
To quote the Gun Guru, Mr Jeff Cooper, " This is the age of the wimp"
Hopefully in light of what happen today, the country may feel it is time to become the age of the Warrior.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:21:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
...it may be possible that a chemical type attack is in the works.
View Quote

Quoted:
I suspect the drones are already in the country waiting for a phone call. They have predefined targets and just go about their business until told to attack.
View Quote

That creates a very frightening scenario, but all too possible.  I hesitate to use the word probable, but it's on my mind...still shaking...
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:23:17 PM EDT
[#12]
That's the question of the day.

That's what "they" want us to ask forevermore.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:27:24 PM EDT
[#13]
ANYTHING can happen tomorrow.  That's true of everyday of your life.  Y'all might slip in the shower, a meteorite might hit ya.
Don't let these dirtbags win.  They want us all shakin in our boots.  ****'em.  Come on!  You guys are startin' to sound like liberals.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I will be amazed if this is the end of it.  These jerks are among us, just waiting.  More terror is to follow.

The death and terror needs to be applied to those who understand nothing else.  Now.

If you are prepared, fine.  If not, then GET prepared because if not tomorrow, then next week or next month these aholes will do it again.  Bugs or chemicals are inevitable and these will make today look like a minor event.  Can you visualize 500000 dead people?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:36:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Latest news on CBS 2 men in a truck with explosives found under the George Washington Bridge
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:46:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

And that's why I'm typing this with a loaded AR lying on my lap....
View Quote

Close to the same thing I did, broke down the shotgun, cleaned and fixed a broken safety, and put back together in the riot package. I'm picking up my AR on Friday and will spend money I don't have for 500 rnds instead of the 100 that I planed on getting.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:59:10 PM EDT
[#17]
The sky [b]is[/b] falling!
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:21:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
To quote the Gun Guru, Mr Jeff Cooper, " This is the age of the wimp"
Hopefully in light of what happen today, the country may feel it is time to become the age of the Warrior.
View Quote

RIGHT ON REBUILD!
[rant mode on]
It will be interesting as to whether or not this country responds with:

A) "Let's find these bad bad people and 'prosecute' them", soccer mom, "Why can't we all get along" mentality, ala Barbara Boxer, Diane Feinstein, et. al.

- or -

B) Let's find them and anybody associated with them and any place that harbors them and take the General Sherman scorched earth approach to ELIMINATING THE PROBLEM.

Turning the other cheek is not working IMHO, in fact it's encouraging boldness on the part of terrorists.
[rant mode off]Deep breath.  I'm better now.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:03:52 PM EDT
[#19]
anything is possible we just have to be more alert of our surroundings.If worked in a big city or traveled by public trans i'd be more cautious.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top