Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2001 1:08:42 PM EDT
Could it have prevented this ?

Sort of Arm the people and ye shall have protection. Ofcourse you would need to have a carry permit.  I know this might sound stupid at first, but entertain the Idea and tell me if it is stupid ?  After all it is no different then riding a bus full of people.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:14:30 PM EDT
[#1]
maybe, but one misplaced or overpenetrated shot could blow the plane up from depressurization.

and yeah the plane blowing up today would have probably prevented this but ...hell this is the first time we've seen this I don't even know what to say I look at the TV and get pissed this kind of shit isnt supposed to happen here it always happens to people who wear weird hats and eat weird food, why us?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:14:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I was thinking the same thing but the issue is complicated and it might not have been a help at all.  It may have been the pilot who was the terrorist (unlikely), or a passenger.  I just can't see an airline pilot voluntarily flying into the World Trade Center. I am interested in finding out what weapons and methods were used to take control of the plane.

Maybe bullet resistant enclosures for the cockpit with orders to keep the door shut during the flight would help.

I am all for CCW everywhere, but it would be hard to prevent terrorists from getting a permit too in our land of "no discrimination".
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Same thing could be said about schools and many gun-tight workplaces (where people go mental and take a 12G to fellow coworkers).

There are more extenuating circumstances, however, to be taken into affect.  Not to say it isn't the right idea, but there are still loopholes and other factors to be considered.

You do make a very good point though.  If at the very least, it's something to ponder.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:18:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Unfortunately, this type of situation is way, way beyond our individual right to bear arms. Like erickm says, who of us could place a shot in that environment?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:18:49 PM EDT
[#5]
beanbags rounds, rubber bullets, glass rounds.....lots of possibilities
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:20:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Arm the flight crew and secure the cockpit.

No compromise, shoot the terrorists.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:24:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Arm the flight crew and secure the cockpit.

No compromise, shoot the terrorists.
View Quote

I can see it now as the lovly stewardess bends over to ajust my pillow i will no longer be looking at her cleavage ill be stairin at her little kel-tec or sea-camp .32 (for proper airline balistics) in a jackassrig under her half-jacket.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I see the point but we have to make the Airplanes more secure.. The Arms most probably came via some sort of service, rather then in normal passenger boarding gates.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:30:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Burn .. We can accommodate the "needs" with special entertaining "uniforms" designed by  designers.

I think we need to vent out and also blow out steam through a little humor, until we catch the bastards!

You had me seeing visions :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top