Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/11/2001 10:34:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/11/2001 10:58:59 AM EDT by EdAvilaSr]
Some of you (you know who you are) are making me want to puke. Literally. Just watching what has happened today is enough to make me want to cry, scream, kill, etc. Some of your reactions are making it even worse. I understand that we're all angry and prone to saying things that we don't necessarily mean or are stated in much harsher terms. Right now I am seeing a lot of hypocracy and reactionary idiocy. Many of you are revealing what you really are...armed sheeple. Just as prone to brainwashing and silly impulsive behaviours based on emotion rather than logic. I ask you to please stop sterotyping and direct your anger to those directly responsible and those who are condoning it. To those of you (of which there are many) who are being more reasonable, thank you for defending and encouraging rational thought. Most importantly, say a prayer to your respective Deity/Higher Power/God for those innocent lives lost today. This is the blackest day of my life. Your resident......<---[red]derogatory terms deleted by Ed Sr[/red]...[blue]Sorry Omar,I understand you being upset at those who generalize,but I cannot see anyone using those terms even if directed at yourself. Ed Sr[/blue] Omar S. Hassan aka Chimborazo PS: I am not asking you to tone down what you say. I am asking you to be rational. My object here is not to change what you SAY, so please continue to write what you feel.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:39:12 AM EDT
I am positive you will see a change in our attitudes once we know who to direct our anger towards. Right now, it's building......... Which is a good thing. The time is coming. I, for one, want to see the damage on TV, [b]ALL OF IT[/b], when we strike back. Let's not be too concerned about the American people not being able to "handle" it. Show it to us!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:44:09 AM EDT
I understand what you are saying. I know some AMERICANS of Japanese descent that experienced what happened after Dec. 7, 1941. Same crap then, same crap now. It appears that if you don't look caucasian in the U.S. you are suspect. They that do no learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:45:01 AM EDT
Agreed! This appears to be the act of an ultra right faction of Islam. Remember, those muslims that will dance in the streets don't have the benefit of having a free press telling them what's going on. It may be hard to watch, but these people are being fed a line. Something like "A sucessful strike against the Americans" rather than "Thousands of unsuspecting innocents murdered." Patience is needed today...
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:45:08 AM EDT
Chimborazo, you are dead right- the lunacy of some people is astounding. There are MANY people over here in the USA who are non-white, but are just as patriotic and America-friendly as any American whose ancestors came over on the Mayflower. All I can think of right now is of an old family friend, Sam Snow, who was in the FBI in Honolulu in Dec. 1941. He was tasked with rooting out disloyal Japanese immigrants in Hawaii after the attack on Pearl Harbor. He said they couldn't find a single one, and all, to a man, wanted to enlist in the army to fight the Axis. My wife is British, we have Turkish, Iranian, German, and other friends of other different nationalities, some of whom are citizens, some are not. ALL are loyal, and horrified by what has happened. Think twice, everybody, before we crank up the racist rhetoric- we have NO idea who did this yet for certain. Don't do or say anything stupid, anybody.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:45:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/11/2001 11:02:42 AM EDT by EdAvilaSr]
Bud, that makes two of us. God, Allah, Yahweh, Vishnu, Buddha, or Whoever save America, the way people are panicking over this. . . . Someone posted that McCain is already beating the "give up your freedoms" drum. Better not let anyone in person know you're [red]of arab origin/extraction[/red]; I don't know how old you are, but I saw enough rage during the 1979 Tehran embassy hostage crisis to scare the crap out of me. Time to duck and cover. Again. [red]words in red inserted by:Ed Sr[/red]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:47:37 AM EDT
Like "W" said, whoever did this is a [i]faceless[/i] coward. It doesn't matter what they look like. They are cowards and killers of innocent people. Justice will prevail, American Style.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:51:31 AM EDT
Post from DriftPunch -
Remember, those muslims that will dance in the streets don't have the benefit of having a free press telling them what's going on. It may be hard to watch, but these people are being fed a line. Something like "A sucessful strike against the Americans" rather than "Thousands of unsuspecting innocents murdered."
View Quote
Don't kid yourself, folks, CNN is alive and on the air all over the Middle East. The dancing folks know precisely what they're celebrating. If they didn't all they'd have to do is ask! They are not the problem, yet. But it does give us something to think about! Eric The(MostAreNotDancing,OK?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:51:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:56:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: Don't kid yourself, folks, CNN is alive and on the air all over the Middle East. The dancing folks know precisely what they're celebrating. If they didn't all they'd have to do is ask! They are not the problem, yet. But it does give us something to think about! Eric The(MostAreNotDancing,OK?)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote
Yeah, and how many people in the West Bank have televisions? How many even have electricity? There may be a few people watching and carrying the information to the rest. Ever played a game of telephone? "Military targets in US suffer huge casualties". Anyway, maybe they are cheering while knowing the full story. And if they are, they can go fuck themselves too.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:01:45 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:03:13 AM EDT
The biggest problem we face is a LOT of undirected anger.. We have an act of war committed with no clear enemy identified. This terrorist act is 'presumed' to be conducted by an Arabic person because of many previous acts made by Arabs. The Japanese saw our anger because the planes that attacked Pearl Harbor were marked as Japanese planes. Reminds me of a ski trip I went on. My brother was soaking up some sun on the deck of our slopeside condo. I spotted him there and lofted a humungous slushball at him. It landed next to his hip and showered him in cold, wet snow (he was wearing only a pair of shorts at thte time). Needless to say, he leapt up, furious at his interrupted nap. In his anger, he couldn't see me 20 feet away. A good thing for me, as I would have surely had my a$$ kicked. But he was looking.... The point is this - many Americans are looking for a place to direct their anger and Muslims are the likely target. Especially considering the celebrations going on in Lebanon over this horrific act. The only thing I can suggest is to not take it personally. We'll find out the truth eventually.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:07:25 AM EDT
Don't worry. As the investigation continues, hatred will be more narrowly focused on particular groups.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:08:52 AM EDT
I know it is not all people of Arabic decent that are responsible and it is sad that so many are lumping them into one category. We as American citizens need to pull together to support each other in this time. I do admit I am pissed off and want to kill all those involved and any who harbor those responsible.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:10:34 AM EDT
Edited By EDAVILASR on 9/11/2001 2:58:59 PM: Your resident......<---[red]derogatory terms deleted by Ed Sr[/red]...[blue]Sorry Omar,I understand you being upset at those who generalize,but I cannot see anyone using those terms even if directed at yourself. Ed Sr[/blue]
View Quote
You and the other staff are obviously not reading some of these other posts because mine is the only edit for racist words I have seen thus far. I can't call myself these words but others can say they want to kill all Arabs or Muslims? I don't [i]want[/i] you to edit their posts, I just think it's a little inconsistent. If someone said we should kill all Jews they would probably be outa here. See y'all later.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:20:35 AM EDT
Well Omar, I do not agree with you. True we do not know that it was someone from one of [i]those[/i] countries that committed this act. But the fact remains that there is one group of people that have been fighting over a very few small pieces of sand for over two thousand years. They are the same cowardly bastards that invented terrorism. Don't like? Then tell them to get their shit together and do not be surprised when people in this country get pissed at them when shit like this happens. Life's a bitch.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:24:16 AM EDT
This is the direct quote from the AFP - "AIN AL-HELWEH, Lebanon, Sept 11 (AFP) - Dozens of Palestinian refugees fired into the air with joy Tuesday at news of apparent anti-US terrorist attacks in New York and Washington, AFP correspondents witnessed. Guerrillas in military fatigues from various factions fired assault rifles and rocket-propelled grenades into the air in the Ain al-Helweh refugee camp at the outskirts of the southern port city of Sidon, one correspondent said. Camp residents, some still in pyjamas, interrupted afternoon rests to rush down to the streets and fire assault rifles into the air, they said. At the Shatila refugee camp in Beirut, Palestinian fighters also went out to the streets [u]as soon as they heard the news from their television sets[/u] to fire into the air with joy, an AFP correspondent said." Well, well, well, it does appear that some of those poor folks in the Middle East DO have television sets, after all! And these are the ones who are specifically at 'refugee' camps. I bet the Palestinians living in the West Bank get a lot better reception on their t.v.s! Bad, I mean [u]really[/u] bad publicity for their cause, don't you think? Eric The(NoMoreBenefitOfTheDoubt)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:24:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:37:50 AM EDT
Chimborazo, my dislike of terroristic militant acts against unarmed citizens does not mean I hate all people of arabic descent. But who do you think did this? what is your best guess? It's a pretty fair assumption that those involved were from the middle East. Kind of like if a bomb goes off in Belfast, you can pretty much assume who set it off. The anti-American attitude in the middle East has been vogue for 30-40 years. 'Defenders of the holy war will be given a kingdom in heaven' preached in their ears... what do you expect? I don't hate anyone who wasn't involved, but I hope they catch those who were.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:38:30 AM EDT
I agree... wait for solid intel then focus our wrath upon them! THEN: "Nuke 'em from orbit... its the only way to be sure!" [i]Aliens[/i] M.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 12:53:17 PM EDT
I feel a need to say something here. First, I don't hate anyone based on their race, ethnic derivation or religion. However, it has been CLEARLY established that fundamentalist Islam is the enemy of the western civilization. Even fundamentalist Islamic states that are putatively our friends, such as Saudi Arabia, are known to give money and support to Osama Bin Laden. The only reason we don't do or say anything about it is that we want their cheap oil. I think it's time to stop being so goddamned PC and call a spade a spade. If you are an Islamic Fundamentalist that believes that western civilization is The Great Satan and that violence against it is justified, you are my enemy and the enemy of my country and TO HELL WITH YOU! If you aren't the above stated category, then why get so frigging upset?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:07:13 PM EDT
State what side are You on, man. With US and Free World, or against. No middle choice. In Gaza, the people celebrates in the streets. In Afghanistan, Talebanis they call themselves out but defend the madman. In Albany, where the madman has a well established organization, US embassy has been evacuated and walls are there now instead of doors. This I have just seen at the italian private TV. To the last bullet.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:08:42 PM EDT
It has been reported here in San Diego that a cabbie who looked Middle Eastern was pulled from his cab and beaten. That kind of thing makes me sick. The cabbie may have been a proud American for all his attackers knew. As has been mentioned, we didn't treat Japanese Americans very well during WW2, and we also didn't treat German Americans very well during WW1.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:16:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DonS: It has been reported here in San Diego that a cabbie who looked Middle Eastern was pulled from his cab and beaten. That kind of thing makes me sick. The cabbie may have been a proud American for all his attackers knew. As has been mentioned, we didn't treat Japanese Americans very well during WW2, and we also didn't treat German Americans very well during WW1.
View Quote
Sad but, he should have known the dangers that could await people of Arab descent. If I was Arab, I sure as hell wouldn't go out today.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:26:09 PM EDT
I'm sorry but you understand the culture at worlk here. People are havving a party in the damn streets of the west bank! This is a war of hate and at this point that fine. They may not like the forign policy on the US but well over 10,000 are dead and that have not a damn thing to do with that. All Aatabs may have not killed the Americans today but they selebrate and they will pay.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:38:08 PM EDT
CNN just showed another palace collapsing. EVERY SYMPATHIZER of this should pay a little bit for INNOCENT PEOPLE dead, islamic or not islamic. No mercy. Guilty one man or all the arab nations, someone will surely get the right payment for this. The biggest of payments. If some mad arab or other thinks of taking my nation without a heavy fight, it will be badly displeased. To the last bullet.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:51:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Ulysse_Nardin_1846: Sad but, he should have known the dangers that could await people of Arab descent. If I was Arab, I sure as hell wouldn't go out today.
View Quote
This is just precious. People in the chat room saying they want ethnic cleansing, others saying they want to deport ALL muslims from the U.S. You all want to punish AMERICAN CITIZENS and others that have had nothing to do with this attack merely because of their appearance or race. Has the 4th Reich has risen or something?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:52:25 PM EDT
I have no idea who is responsible for what has happened today and I make no assumptions, I only believe that whoever is responsible needs to PAY. Nothing needs to be done until we are sure who, what, where, and why, but when we know there should be no mercy.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:55:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Ulysse_Nardin_1846: Sad but, he should have known the dangers that could await people of Arab descent. If I was Arab, I sure as hell wouldn't go out today.
View Quote
Yes, we should have expected him to change his appearance immediately. Or better yet, since he was innocent we should have expected him to hide. Bullshit, and it's an affront to every free person in this country. The people who did it were morons and probably don't have enough sense to be ashamed of themselves. God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:56:24 PM EDT
Guerrillas in military fatigues from various factions fired assault rifles and rocket-propelled grenades into the air in the Ain al-Helweh refugee camp at the outskirts of the southern port city of Sidon, one correspondent said. Hmmm Firing RPGs into the air....why does that NOT seem to be a very smart thing to do??
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:57:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Imbroglio:
View Quote
This is just precious. People in the chat room saying they want ethnic cleansing, others saying they want to deport ALL muslims from the U.S. You all want to punish AMERICAN CITIZENS and others that have had nothing to do with this attack merely because of their appearance or race. Has the 4th Reich has risen or something?
View Quote
Uh, was I one of the culprits involved? I was providing sound advice to all people of Arab descent on how to stay safe. At least for now...
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:00:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GodBlessTexas:
View Quote
Yes, we should have expected him to change his appearance immediately. Or better yet, since he was innocent we should have expected him to hide. Bullshit, and it's an affront to every free person in this country. The people who did it were morons and probably don't have enough sense to be ashamed of themselves. God Bless Texas
View Quote
I do not support rampant beatings at random in the streets. Things like this do happen as demonstrated above. Yes they are morons, yes it will happen again. Why put yourself needlessly in danger?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:05:49 PM EDT
You were the one spouting off "bomb the black box". If you feel so strongly about that then you should see no problem with the Vatican being bombed for the acts of the IRA.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:15:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Chimborazo: Some of you (you know who you are) are making me want to puke. Literally. Just watching what has happened today is enough to make me want to cry, scream, kill, etc. Some of your reactions are making it even worse.
View Quote
Omar - I stand guilty as charged. I have had a little time to calm down now, and would like to apologize for any racist terms I may have used, as well as some of my statements as to what to do. I have reached the conclusion that we must not only find out the exact terrorists or groups responsible and eradicate them, but also any country that harbors or supports them should be attacked unmercifully. That's the only way to strike enough fear to have any chance of them thinking twice about further actions. I do mean unmercifully though. Total destruction of their governments and military. All of those countries involved. Period. Civilian causalities are a consequence of war and this would appear to be war. Countries not involved should be shielded from the violence. There must be revenge though. I remember when I was at U of A in 1979, the local Iranian fraternity thought it would be a good idea to hold a demonstration during the hostage crisis. The other students attacked them with rocks, bottles, and bare fists. When the police arrived, they attacked the Iranians with billy clubs and then cuffed them and hauled them off, never to be seen again (deported). Hopefully, no Arabic factions in the US right now will have the poor judgement to try to demonstrate in favor of today's attack.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:20:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/11/2001 2:24:14 PM EDT by Ulysse_Nardin_1846]
Originally Posted By Imbroglio: You were the one spouting off "bomb the black box". If you feel so strongly about that then you should see no problem with the Vatican being bombed for the acts of the IRA.
View Quote
That's right! I was waiting for that to surface. Is there a black box over in San Diego? Hmmm, bomb the black box where they're most likely muslim, or... beat the crap out of people who are of unknown origin in the streets of san Diego? More confirmed targets might be congregating at the black box. No comment on the Vatican.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:26:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By gus: I remember when I was at U of A in 1979, the local Iranian fraternity thought it would be a good idea to hold a demonstration during the hostage crisis. The other students attacked them with rocks, bottles, and bare fists. When the police arrived, they attacked the Iranians with billy clubs and then cuffed them and hauled them off, never to be seen again (deported). Hopefully, no Arabic factions in the US right now will have the poor judgement to try to demonstrate in favor of today's attack.
View Quote
I remember the hostage crises, and the bad response of many Americans, who attacked anyone who appeared to be Iranian (including Arabs and others who were not Persian). I have to say, some Americans behaved in an appaling manner. But if I was on a campus where Iranian students were protesting against America, I would have been more than happy to beat them over the head with a stout stick. If any people of Middle East decent want to protest in favor of the terrorists, I'm more than happy to go after them. But I'm not about to vent on someone just because they are Middle Eastern. And I'm not about to tolerate that from other Americans.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:29:53 PM EDT
Find them. Kill them. Don't care what color.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:23:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/11/2001 7:23:27 PM EDT by Imbroglio]
Originally Posted By DonS: But if I was on a campus where Iranian students were protesting against America, I would have been more than happy to beat them over the head with a stout stick. If any people of Middle East decent want to protest in favor of the terrorists, I'm more than happy to go after them.
View Quote
Maybe it is a good thing for the U.S. to become a police state as so many have no concept as to what was written in the Bill of Rights. How fast many of you suddenly forget the "I don't like what you may say, but I would defend your rights to say it". What a joke. YOU PEOPLE ARE NOT AMERICANS AND TRULY WANT A DEMOCRACY OF MOB RULE. [b]THE REPUBLIC IS LOST[/b]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:36:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Paul: . . . When you kill tens of thousands of inocent citizens of a country do you really expect them to sit back and laugh it off?
View Quote
He was not saying that. Omar, I think your request is reasonable. I think all of us, on at least a basic level, are on the same page. Don some thick skin and don't be reduced to the same actions you decry; water seeks it's own level.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:40:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Sagat: CNN just showed another palace collapsing. EVERY SYMPATHIZER of this should pay a little bit for INNOCENT PEOPLE dead, islamic or not islamic. No mercy. Guilty one man or all the arab nations, someone will surely get the right payment for this. The biggest of payments. If some mad arab or other thinks of taking my nation without a heavy fight, it will be badly displeased. To the last bullet.
View Quote
I agree anyone who sympathizes with the killers should get a little something(Green Tip)but I must say those are not Muslim radicals dancing in the streets of Cairo,Nablus,Damascus and Bhagdad,those are shop keepers,old ladies,factory workers,etc,etc and they represent popular opinion over there and they cannot be allowed to enjoy this.The radical terrorists of today are the sons,brothers,cousins of these "everday" muslims and they felt enough support from their families,communities and religion to go ahead with the long road that led to an attack on our nation.They should be driven into the dirt.They are a breeding ground for dissent and hatred.They are not "people of the book"they are mutants who made up their own book loosley beased on the work of others and their code of ethics only applies to them.It is not a sin if they are an infidel.Ask a Mukti who their religious and moral codes apply to,only muslims.With that caveat in mind can we afford to let these creeps live?Assimilated Americans are one thing but anyone who cheers this(Muslims,Militia Nuts,UN Globalists,British PanArabists)needs to die! sopmodm4
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:52:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Stormbringer: Guerrillas in military fatigues from various factions fired assault rifles and rocket-propelled grenades into the air in the Ain al-Helweh refugee camp at the outskirts of the southern port city of Sidon, one correspondent said. Hmmm Firing RPGs into the air....why does that NOT seem to be a very smart thing to do??
View Quote
I guess those camps don't teach physics
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:18:36 PM EDT
Maybe it is a good thing for the U.S. to become a police state as so many have no concept as to what was written in the Bill of Rights. How fast many of you suddenly forget the "I don't like what you may say, but I would defend your rights to say it". What a joke. YOU PEOPLE ARE NOT AMERICANS AND TRULY WANT A DEMOCRACY OF MOB RULE. [b]THE REPUBLIC IS LOST[/b]
View Quote
That is a stupid and insulting statement, I understand the Bill of Rights completely and support it, but thousands of fellow Americans were just murdered, if I saw a Palistinian celebrating their deaths and denouncing America I would be the first to knock him on his ass. Sure he has the right to free speech, so do flag burners, but I have the right do kick their traitor asses too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:30:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:59:41 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Imbroglio:
Originally Posted By DonS: But if I was on a campus where Iranian students were protesting against America, I would have been more than happy to beat them over the head with a stout stick. If any people of Middle East decent want to protest in favor of the terrorists, I'm more than happy to go after them.
View Quote
View Quote
This is not about speech. It is about acts. And as they have killed more people than were lost in both intifadas (which are their apparent reason for living and dying) and all the terrorist acts in the western world since ww2... the response must fit the crime. No infringement of fundamental rights. ANY minor inconveniences incurred for security... YES!
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 11:23:05 AM EDT
Chimborazo, I hear ya. People are emotional, but that still doesn't excuse what is being said. We need to find out who did this and who helped them, not accuse anybody of arab descent of being a part of this. Your on our side and that is all that matters.
Top Top