Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2001 10:02:52 AM EDT
Prime Minister Ariel Sharon said the Jewish state was ready to provide the United States with all possible aid, in talks with US ambassador to Israel Daniel Kurtzer.

"Knowing our bitter experience of terrorism, if it turns out the events in United States were a terrorist attack, Israel will do all it can, and expresses condolences to the victims of the tragedy," said a spokesman for Sharon.

See story at:
[url]http://sg.news.yahoo.com/010911/1/1flu2.html[/url]

Eric The(WhileThePalestiniansAreDancing)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:04:22 AM EDT
[#1]
It feels good to know that Israel is staying with us in this matter.  From watching the news it seems as if no one has our back.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:06:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Our friendship with Israel has cost us dearly. What have they done for us? It's time for them to step up and get some, and I mean really GET SOME![%(]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:09:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Our friendship with Israel has cost us dearly. What have they done for us? It's time for them to step up and get some, and I mean really GET SOME![%(]
View Quote

Oh boy, I got to disagree with you.

So we shouldn't back our allies because of the fear of THEIR enemies???  We're talking about our ONLY ally in the region.  Everyone else there hates us, no matter if we support Israel or not.

Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:13:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, your first target:

DESTROY THE BLACK BOX IN MECCA!!!!

Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:15:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh boy, I got to disagree with you.

So we shouldn't back our allies because of the fear of THEIR enemies???  We're talking about our ONLY ally in the region.  Everyone else there hates us, no matter if we support Israel or not.

View Quote

You might be missing what he is saying. I think he wants israel to kick some MAJOR ASS.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:16:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Boy, you don't know what our alliance with Israel has done for our country!  I'm tired of hearing from uninformed sources of who should be our enemies and who should be our friends.  But I think that the guy from Japan (After the attack on Pearl Harbor) said it best.  "I fear we have awoken a sleeping giant."
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:20:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You might be missing what he is saying. I think he wants israel to kick some MAJOR ASS.
View Quote

I hope so, because Israel will be our only trustworthy friend in that region though all of this.

How else are we going to get good intel, those boys should be on top of things down there.  Besides, they are so accustomed to terrorism, they operate on some loose rules when it comes to terrorists...
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:46:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Israel's counterterrorist measures include hunting down and killing terrorist.  Maybe we should "hire their service" to go get these people.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:50:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Maybe we should rethink or policy on assassination.

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:01:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:02:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it President Carter in the 70's who essentially "tied the hands" of the CIA when dealing with terrorism?  
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:10:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, isn't that just mighty damn charitable of them? Considering that we have held their friggin hand for so many damn years.

madmoritgan, some of us are informed about our relationship with Isreal and to those of us informed, for the most part, it is one sided. I can see no reason to thank them for backing us. By God we have earned it.

By the way the "guy" you are referring to that said, "I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant", was  Japanese Emperor Hirohito. He was the "paper" emperor of Japan at the time Pearl Harbor was bombed on 12/07/41.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:11:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Tell them we'll take several pallets of Uzis, Galils, and mags, gotta have lotsa mags!  Not the demilled ones--complete ones.

Which one of our forefathers warned us about getting involved in foreign conflicts?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:20:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
But I think that the guy from Japan (After the attack on Pearl Harbor) said it best.  "I fear we have awoken a sleeping giant."
View Quote

I believe that would be Admiral Yamamoto.
View Quote

You are correct, sir.  He did not want to attack us.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:21:32 AM EDT
[#17]
It was Pres. Carter who signed an executive order outlawing the assasination of foreign nationals by the CIA.

I, too, think it may be time to rethink this policy.

I am pleased Isreal has offered to help us. Too many of our "allies" offer lip service only. I doubt that is what Ireal has in mind.

Pres. Washington warned us about getting entangled in foreign alliances.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:23:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Wrong Gunslinger.
Was the Admiral Yamamoto.
And Israel is one of the few countries I would trust at my back right now.
cpermd
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:36:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Sorry but it was in fact Hirohito. Do not simply go by what you've seen in WWII movies. It was Hirohito. He did not want war at all and certainly not with the US. But the military ran the country and not him. He was only six years old when he became emperor and was, if I recall correctly, only 26 at the time they bombed PH.
Yamamoto did not want war with the US either and is often credited with the famous quote, which carried over into movies such as [i]Midway[/i]. His saying it makes for better "Hollywood".
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:54:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Post from Gunslinger -
He was only six years old when he became emperor and was, if I recall correctly, only 26 at the time they bombed PH.
View Quote

Yes, if I'm not mistaken, Hirohito was fully aware of and supported Biological Warfare Unit 731, the notorious biological research unit that carried on Japanese experiments in occupied China!

But he's totally blameless for anything else that went on during WWII!

See [url]http://www-users.cs.umn.edu/~dyue/wiihist/germwar/731rev.htm[/url]

Eric The(Forget?Hell!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 12:14:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Just to clarify, I support our alliance with Israel. My meaning was that I am looking forward to a deliberate clear response by the military forces of Israel. They owe us big time. They are definitely on the better end of our relationship.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 12:22:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Eric, do not get me wrong. I am not trying to say he was blameless. Simply that I do not think he would have involved the US nor would he continued to fight had he been left to his own devices.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:22:21 PM EDT
[#24]
I support Israel now and always have. Their offer to provide assistance in the aftermath of this cowardly act is unique, I haven't heard of any offers from our other "allies" (even the ones we saved from the facists twice). Israelis live with hordes of hostile "neighbors" everyday. Or relationship with Israel is not the cause of our terrorism problem but rather an important part of the solution.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:28:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Isreal has a vested interest. Do not delude yourself into thinking it is out of the goodness of their heart. If the fight were with someone else they would not be so quick to offer. They never have in the past.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Yo ipschoser1--- Go to [url]http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk_politics/newsid_1538000/1538551.stm[/url]
This was on BBC/National news shortly after attack...
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Israel better do SOMETHING. We armed them for this VERY REASON. If all we get out of them is a "Day Of Mourning" it will confirm my long held suspicions. I think they will do NOTHING but protect their own interests and give lipservice to supporting the US.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:31:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Do you think that it is possible that, given that the US doesn't assassinate individuals in instances like this, that Israel (who has in the past assassinated those who pose a serious threat to them) might go after bin Ladin for us?

They do seem to have had some experience in the matter, and have, in a way, offered up their services.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Gunslinger I will respectfully disagree with you.  Yamamoto was educated in the US (at Havard no less), he had a very good understanding of America and it's potential.  I will agree with you about Hirihito being a puppet, but I don't think he was even smart enough to say something that insightful.  Having said that, I hope the "Sleeping Gaint" is about to pounce on the Middle East & Afganistan.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:04:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Sam, you may be correct and I no longer have my OLD history books to research. Be that as it may we both agree on this issue.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:59:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Yea,  we have a great history of support from Israel. They attacked one of our Pueblo class ships in the Med in the 73 war, killing quite a few US Navy personnel. They spy against us, we've got people in jail convicted of it. They have only one  interest, Israel. They would turn on their own mothers to further their goals. They"re no better than the Arabs. The Palestinians' state was there for a 1000 years before the state of Israel was carved out of it in '48. Millions of Palestinians were told they had no homeland one day and the US and Britain supported it and continue to support it to this day. I'm not a fan of either side. They're all a bunch of killers and could wipe each other out if it wouldn't spread to the rest of the world. That's the only reason I support Israel. They'd get backed into the see by the rest of the Arab world if we walked off and I don't like that option either. My two cents
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 12:58:42 PM EDT
[#33]
This is why I referred to him as the 'Guy from Japan', I have had this argument before and didn't mean to start another one.

Sorry!
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:47:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Post from thewizardofaz -
I'm not a fan of either side.
View Quote

But from your post I think we can gather that you are much, much less a fan of Israel than you are a fan of the Palestinians?
They spy against us.
View Quote

And WE don't spy against them, correct?
They attacked one of our Pueblo class ships in the Med in the 73 war, killing quite a few US Navy personnel.
View Quote

Yes, the USS Liberty on June 8, 1973, was attacked by the Israeli Air Force and its Navy. A total of 34 sailors were killed, 171 wounded, for which the Israeli Government took total blame, apologized, and paid reparations to the families of the American dead and wounded! The only issue remaining is whether the attack was intentional or not! I take it you will say it was intentional, right? Care to offer a theory for the motivation behind Israel's attack?
They'd get backed into the see by the rest of the Arab world if we walked off and I don't like that option either.
View Quote

Why on earth not? It would surely pay them back for stealing the Palestinians' land!  It would surely pay them back for the USS Liberty! It would cut US expenditures in the Middle East by a significant amount! It would certainly make air travel a lot safer, at least for a while! It would guarantee the flow of cheap, plentiful Middle Eastern oil to the US!

I can't think of a single reason for the USA to continue to back Israel any longer! Well....

[size=5]Except HONOR![/size=5]

Eric The(ButThenAgain,WhatTheCrapIsTHATWorth?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:55:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Yes, we do support ISrael with money.  We also support various other nations with aid that are in fact hostilw to the US.  Israel always takes responsibility for the their actions, un like their neighbors.  As an Amercian Jew, who is a cop and a vet.  I would like to say that I do not support Israel becasue I am Jewish.  I support them becase they are an usefull allie and they are good people.  I WOULD NOT support them if they were anti-american!!!!  I am AMERICAN FIRST AND FOREMOST.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top