Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2001 6:40:15 PM EDT
What do you think about threading my 10/22Mag for a can it will cost about $110.Is it worth it P.S. I already own the can for my M16a1 will the 223cal can work very well on a 22lr cal.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#1]
22lr ammo is very dirty.  I wouldn't mess up my nice 16 can with it.  

I was planning on using my Gemtech can on a 22lr dedicated upper for my 16, but was told it was a bad idea.

Check out the rimfire forum.  Good info about it there.

Just get a 10/22 integrated. :)
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 6:47:17 PM EDT
[#2]
yes, it will work ok. just make sure your 10/22 is a pre-ban! remember, NO threaded barrel's on a post ban! it will not work as well as a dedicated supressor, but, with subsonic ammo, will be very quiet.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 7:32:38 PM EDT
[#3]
No one makes 22mag subsonic ammo. The gun will be as loud as your .223 with can is now cause of bullet speed. No advantage here. Get yourself a nice integral for a std. 10-22 and leave the bigger game for the .223
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top