Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2001 4:50:12 PM EDT
Any Benny Hill fans? Bought a 2 hour video this weekend, laughed my ass off! We use to stay up late and watch it as a teenager. Think I'll go to the local video store and see what they got to rent.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 4:54:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeha...I stayed up late too.We used to slap each other on the head in school.The guy is a riot!
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 4:57:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup, used to watch it late at night back in the 80's.  Benny and those older guys, rofl.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#4]
BENNY HILL ROCKED!

Loved the British Comedy from then, him, Kenny Everitt, Monty Python...

Benny: "What do a billiard table and a man's trousers have in common?

Computer: "Pockets"

Contestant hands in card, Benny says "cross that out!"
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 5:10:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Forerunner of "The Man Show."

By the way I accidentally tuned in Benny Hinn one time not reading the menu guide too carefully.

It took 8 episodes of Benny HILL to fully recover. Be careful guys.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 5:14:49 PM EDT
[#6]
The one line I always remembered...  Benny is dressed up as a cowboy with 2 guns on and he says to this woman...  I'll show you my 38's if you show me yours.  roflmao.

[img]www.vgernet.net/tpelkey/bennyhill/images/scuttle.jpg[/img]

[img]www.vgernet.net/tpelkey/bennyhill/images/exam.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 5:18:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I used to love the fast motion segments
at the end with Yakety Sax playing.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 5:21:39 PM EDT
[#8]
one of my favorite lines... he's doing an American accent,
"underarm protection... is a .45 in a shoulder holster"

Link Posted: 9/10/2001 8:21:29 PM EDT
[#9]
used to watch it on tv with my dad and older brother, I was probably 5 years old. I assume it was on pbs since they show a lot of british stuff

just got a couple dvds, haven't watched them yet
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 8:38:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Ah yes, benny hill. Always tried to watch it when I was a young boy on the off chance I'd see boobies. Never saw any (on the show, that is).
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 8:40:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Great show. I also stayed up late to watch.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:52:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Paul Hogan had a little comedy show on BBC right after Benny Hills show... it was before he became the famous Croc Dundee and was really funny also... didn't last too long, though.  As I remember most of the show took place in his apartment with his room mate... they spent most of the day drinking and making jokes.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:55:06 AM EDT
[#13]
I miss that show.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:09:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Anybody remember that fast paced tune... (ticka ti ti ticka, ticka ti ti ticka, ticka ti ti ticka ti ti).   I loved that show.  Heres a link to some lyrics and such from some of his tunes...

[url]http://www.tnsf.ca/bennyhill/[/url]

[img]http://www.vgernet.net/tpelkey/bennyhill/images/cowboy.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top