Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2001 11:44:27 AM EDT
...and see if you can guess the cause of this mishap.  Doing a little load testing this weekend, and midway through a string, suddenly the trigger won't pull through and release the hammer.  I ejected the cartridge and opened the reciever and noticed the hammer caught on the disconnector.  WTF, I've been using this rifle hard for six months, and I personally set up the trigger as per Derrick Martin.  What's wrong?  Hint:  in this case it had nothing to do with the trigger assembly components themselves or their assembly.

the shooter [sniper]
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 11:51:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Guess 1: You also found a used primer lodged in the mechanism.

Guess 2: You found some other chunk of brass from a cartridge lodged in the mechanism.

Link Posted: 9/10/2001 11:58:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Guess 3: Broken hammer spring ?

Guess 4: Detent pin for safety broke, and safety lever moved ?
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 1:31:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Guess 1: You also found a used primer lodged in the mechanism.

Guess 2: You found some other chunk of brass from a cartridge lodged in the mechanism.

View Quote

Congrats, Gus, you've obviously been there and done that.  It was the primer.  I blew that thing out two whole weeks ago, really learned a valuable lesson there.  I was perplexed as hell, and the worst part was needing to pull the grip to free the thing, I couldn't even lift the trigger out when I pulled the pivot pin - it was lodged under the tail of the trigger against the grip screw.  I'll be adding a T-handle hex wrench to my range bag as well as clearing the action housing next time I have a blowout.  Lesson learned, on to the next humbling experience with Mr. Murphy.

shooter

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top