Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 9/9/2001 8:14:37 PM EDT
It is my sad duty to mention that Justin Wilson, the cajun chef, has passed on at age 87. I met him once at a book-signing, and we talked about dove shootin', deer cleaning, parsley, and how David Letterman was a wussy. I learned a lot watching his shows, and I loved his funny stories, especially the ones about hunting. I have made his bar-b-que oysters for a ton of delighted friends (not what you might think, they are marinated briefly in liquid smoke, coated in peppery corn flour, and then deep-fried). He was an American original, I garontee! I will miss him. Jesus gettin' some fine vittles now, Him!
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 8:50:53 PM EDT
Wow. i can't believe he was really 87 years old. My dad used to watch him a lot back in the 80's when he had his show on pbs. When my parents would burn some food they would just say it's "blackened" whatever.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 10:55:38 PM EDT
Good Ol' Boy Sure will miss him
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 11:08:50 PM EDT
Damn! I watched his show a while back. That's too bad. He was a good ol' boy and a half!
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 11:59:40 PM EDT
I think I remember watching that show. Skinny guy kind of tall? Did he do a trademark thing? Kind of made his voice high-pitched and then said something like WOOOHEE? Got a kick out of that show. Wonder if it's the same guy. And yes, Letterman is a wuss!
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 12:18:51 AM EDT
Damn that sucks! I'm still young man, guys like him have been there all my life. Mr. Rogers off the air and now this,I gess I'm getting old. @#$%^&*(*&^%$#@#$%^&*( crap!
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 12:31:26 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Crookshanks: I think I remember watching that show. Skinny guy kind of tall? Did he do a trademark thing? Kind of made his voice high-pitched and then said something like WOOOHEE? Got a kick out of that show. Wonder if it's the same guy. And yes, Letterman is a wuss!
View Quote
Not skinny! Had a nice big belly. Talked with a cajun accent. Trademark was "I gar-on-tee!" I too used to watch him years ago. Always sat down and ate what he cooked at the end of the show with a glass of wine. A real character! USPC40 ------------------------------------------------- [b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url] [b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url] [b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url] [b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url] [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 12:34:34 AM EDT
I actually have an album that he did A LONG TIME AGO. I don't remember where I picked it up, but it sure as hell is funny. I used to watch his show, and wish it was still on. He will be missed. "A little wine.. A little more wine. (takes a sip)" Blows the hell out of Emrils show.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 1:18:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 2:32:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 3:02:17 AM EDT
I will miss him also, his shows sent my abitiy beyond bacon and eggs. RIP
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 3:04:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 12:19:51 PM EDT
He was at his best when he would measure the wine for his recipe. A man after my own heart.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 12:49:56 PM EDT
Goodbye. May your soul rest in peace. [heavy]
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 12:56:51 PM EDT
My dad watched his show a lot as well (so I have seen it many, many times too). RIP Justin Tyler
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 5:30:19 PM EDT
My favorite episode was when he cooked up a great big pot of crawdads in an outdoor setting. I was groaning and writhing in hunger and need the whole time. It was great.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 5:35:41 PM EDT
I mentioned this last week on the "Can you Cook?" post. I have his book. I'll miss his "Jokes and Stories". I believe he was actually from up "North". I never missed watching his show on Saturday's if I was not out on a job or "Fishin!"....Too bad, not enough guy's like him around.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 7:12:18 PM EDT
I heard he was actually from New Jersey. Not saying it's true, but I did hear that many years ago.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 7:13:51 PM EDT
I heard he was actually from New Jersey. Not saying it's true, but I did hear that many years ago
View Quote
I've heard he was from Mobile, AL.
Top Top