Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2001 7:27:14 AM EDT
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,34026,00.html[/url]

In Colorado no less.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 7:35:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 7:45:48 AM EDT
[#2]
It's good to see college students doing something anti-liberal for a change!  It's a shame it takes the fear of a rapist to get the "right to defend yourself" message across.

Go CSU!    [beer]
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Good for them! I'm willing to bet the rapist is among the ones feeling "uncomforable". [uzi]
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 12:59:08 PM EDT
[#4]
From the article:
To get a permit in Larimer County, applicants are required to take a handgun safety course, pass a background check and pay a $130 fee. [red]The permits are good for as long as the sheriff stays in office.[/red]
View Quote
WTF??? As long as the sherriff stays in office?  [size=2]$130!!![/size=2]  A college kid is supposed to be able to afford $130 for a CCW?  And if the sherriff loses or doesn't run for re-election, you have to do the whole thing again?  Whose bright idea was this?

Link Posted: 9/10/2001 1:41:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't you just love stupid comments like:

SaraJoy Pond, a 20-year-old graphics design major, said she is uncomfortable knowing someone sitting next to her in class may have a gun. "I don't think it solves the problem. I wouldn't carry a gun," she said
View Quote

So, suddenly the person next to them goes insane simply because they have a gun?????  I think someone else said this is projecting their own impulses on another person, to say that if SaraJoy had a gun, SHE would go off.  I would love for a bad guy to burst into class and the person she is 'uncomfortable' about takes that bad guy out before he can do anything or someone with a gun saves her from being raped.  Maybe the twit would change her tune!

or this:

Campus Police Capt. Bob Chaffee said officials are trying to discourage other students from getting gun permits. "It doesn't strike me that it makes the campus any safer to have a lot of guns on campus," he said
View Quote

Maybe someone should strike this idiot.  What a moronic, idiotic, dufus statement.  Damn right it makes it safer.  All he has to do is read the story from Orlando, FL several years ago where a serial rapist was at work.  The local PD and newspaper got together and conducted a training course and publicized it.  The rapes came to a screeching halt.  Apparently the rapist was smarter than this particular cop.  I don't remember what year it was, but the report I read said that Orlando was the only major U.S. city that particular year to have a drop in crime.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 2:03:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quote from Campus Police Captain -
"It doesn't strike me that it makes the campus any safer to have a lot of guns on campus," he said.
View Quote

Really?  When's the last time anyone got raped at a police station?

All right, all right, let's just leave Abner Louima and NYC's finest out of this one, OK!

Eric The(IMean,HeWasn'tActually'Raped'!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 8:53:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I have known and been close to a few rape victims and they are ALL VERY pro-gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top