Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 9/9/2001 6:27:14 AM EST
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,34026,00.html[/url] In Colorado no less.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 6:35:25 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 6:45:48 AM EST
It's good to see college students doing something anti-liberal for a change! It's a shame it takes the fear of a rapist to get the "right to defend yourself" message across. Go CSU! [beer]
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 6:52:56 AM EST
Good for them! I'm willing to bet the rapist is among the ones feeling "uncomforable". [uzi]
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 11:59:08 AM EST
From the article:
To get a permit in Larimer County, applicants are required to take a handgun safety course, pass a background check and pay a $130 fee. [red]The permits are good for as long as the sheriff stays in office.[/red]
View Quote
WTF??? As long as the sherriff stays in office? [size=2]$130!!![/size=2] A college kid is supposed to be able to afford $130 for a CCW? And if the sherriff loses or doesn't run for re-election, you have to do the whole thing again? Whose bright idea was this?
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 12:41:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/10/2001 12:45:17 PM EST by LARRYG]
Don't you just love stupid comments like:
SaraJoy Pond, a 20-year-old graphics design major, said she is uncomfortable knowing someone sitting next to her in class may have a gun. "I don't think it solves the problem. I wouldn't carry a gun," she said
View Quote
So, suddenly the person next to them goes insane simply because they have a gun????? I think someone else said this is projecting their own impulses on another person, to say that if SaraJoy had a gun, SHE would go off. I would love for a bad guy to burst into class and the person she is 'uncomfortable' about takes that bad guy out before he can do anything or someone with a gun saves her from being raped. Maybe the twit would change her tune! or this:
Campus Police Capt. Bob Chaffee said officials are trying to discourage other students from getting gun permits. "It doesn't strike me that it makes the campus any safer to have a lot of guns on campus," he said
View Quote
Maybe someone should strike this idiot. What a moronic, idiotic, dufus statement. Damn right it makes it safer. All he has to do is read the story from Orlando, FL several years ago where a serial rapist was at work. The local PD and newspaper got together and conducted a training course and publicized it. The rapes came to a screeching halt. Apparently the rapist was smarter than this particular cop. I don't remember what year it was, but the report I read said that Orlando was the only major U.S. city that particular year to have a drop in crime.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 1:03:14 PM EST
Quote from Campus Police Captain -
"It doesn't strike me that it makes the campus any safer to have a lot of guns on campus," he said.
View Quote
Really? When's the last time anyone got raped at a police station? All right, all right, let's just leave Abner Louima and NYC's finest out of this one, OK! Eric The(IMean,HeWasn'tActually'Raped'!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 7:53:51 PM EST
I have known and been close to a few rape victims and they are ALL VERY pro-gun.
Top Top