Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 11:58:02 AM EDT
[#1]
OK maybe they should legalize drugs and make it even easier for people to get them. When someone in your family is killed by some idiot hyped up on drugs I don't want you to get angry. I don't want you to beg the police to bring the man to justice for killing your little girl in a head on collision. I want you to make friends with the guy. Tell him it wasn't his fault for killing your loved one because he wasn't doing anything wrong. Forgive him. Because hey, whats the big deal. Drugs don't hurt anyone but the user.

Or even better we could legalize every illegal act there is. I'm sure that would be a great world to live in. Just hand over your wife to some punk and let him rape her, hand over your wallet with a smile to the nice man with the knife. Let your little boy be friends with the local drug dealer that hangs around his school. Whats the point of trying to stop it. I say fuck the law, lets all do what we want. Life would be so much better then. By the way, when I break into your house tonight, would you mind having your TV and sterio wrapped up with a big red bow? I would appriciate it. What are you going to do, shoot me? I'm just trying to help you change the world for the better. Have a nice day.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 1:31:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 1:43:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 4:53:20 PM EDT
[#4]
What do you mean NightHawk?  You don't think there aren't people driving around stoned and/or drunk right now?  You're kidding, right?

They should absolutely be legalized.  Every one of them, no matter how dangerous or destructive.  Rat poison is legal, not many people overdosing on that.

If my loved ones are ever killed by someone's negligence, I hope they will stand trial for it.  Doesn't matter if it was drugs or just plain old stupidity.  Causing someone else's death or robbing them of their property is far different than having the right to ingest whatever substance you choose into your own body.  

You need to do some reading about libertarian ideology and how non-aggression and property rights work.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 5:04:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Bullshit, the drug is a killer of lives and it's real.  From what I've seen in my federal practice, the people caught and the meth destroyed are but a small percentage of what's out there.  They don't need a red herring to conduct LE in this area.
View Quote

So it's a killer, so is poverty, fascism, communism, you name it.  How does that justify what the feds are doing to stop it?  Killing more people is sort of a lousy solution.  How do you feel about moonshine?  Is it only bad because the government says it is bad (because it doesn't collect any tax on "illegal" alchol)? Or is it bad because it's truly immoral to drink moonshine?  

If you could see what I've seen, you would not say that.  I have no sympathy for these people and they should NOT be giving gunowners a bad name.  Don't make them your poster children.  The travesties are anomolies, NOT THE NORM.  Wake up and stop believing the hype.
View Quote

Who is giving gun owners a bad name?  Today meth, tomorrow, some other substance.  I have no idea what you mean about poster children.  I might ask you to not "believe in the hype," I believe nothing will stop people from obtaining the substances that they desire.

The gun laws in this country are gross and have gone too far, however, fighting them by sticking up for meth peddlers is not the answer.
View Quote

Steve, with all due respect, you obviously profit from the drug war via your practice.  Which one of is it that thinks he can actually change the world and knows what is best?  Sounds like you.  I'll bet you profit from all the draconian gun laws, too!  How can you on one hand believe in freedom, and then turn around and profit from tyranny?  Answer: You can't, you're a hypocrite!

I don't think "seeing what you've seen" would change my mind one bit.  I haven't led a sheltered life and I'm not some stupid 16 year old kid shooting his mouth off on a subject he knows nothing about.  You've committed the sin of pride, and all the excess moralizing going is the real problem, not a crack house or meth lab or guy who owns machine guns.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#6]
There is no such thing as responsible drug use.
View Quote

What?  Whenver anyone gets a prescription, that is called "responsible" drug use.  What the hell are you talking about, Nighthawk?

Do you take aspirin responsibly?  Do you drink alcohol responsibly?  There are more examples of responsible drug use than there are irresponsible ones.  Nearly every single senior citizen in American is a responsible drug user.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 5:16:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Get DOwN with yo bad self Trick![spank]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top