Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 9/5/2001 12:37:03 PM EDT
[url]www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A45668-2001Sep5.html[/url] They should pay me and put me on this task force. STEP 1 - STAY OUT OF THE OCEAN!
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 12:46:56 PM EDT
this whole shark thing is blown out of proportion. With 2/3 of this year gone, we have only had slightly more than 1/2 of the total shark attacks worldwide that we had last year. Just like "gun violence" this shark thing is NOTHING more than the NEED to have a sensational story to lead off your news broadcast each evening. COMPLETELY blown out of proportion.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 12:54:15 PM EDT
I wreck dive every year off Hatteras. Over the last two years we have seen increased numbers of sharks on the wrecks, however, most of them are not pelagic; the majority of them are sand tigers. I have seen a number of pelagic sharks on the surface as well, however, and their numbers have increased as well, at least in my limited experience. I don't know that this means anything. My feeling over the last two years has been that an increase in fishing over the last 20 years and a decrease in fish therefrom, coupled with a decrease in the shark harvest (no more long lining) is the reason. Who knows. I will coninue surfing and diving.
Top Top