Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2001 6:32:15 PM EDT
count as UN invasion choppers.  Woke up this morning and this one was buzzing the beach.  I thought, Omigod, those guys were right, then I realized he was just spraying for mosquitos, but then again, that could just be a cover.

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/038/2w/5A/J4/yj31924.jpg[/img]

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/035/cz/AA/fi/yn76723.jpg[/img]

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/028/Vi/Oh/cb/yv20403.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#1]
They were spraying for sharks. New technique.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 6:36:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 6:37:14 PM EDT
[#3]
What happened to the black ones?
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 6:40:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What happened to the black ones?
View Quote

They painted them yellow!![:D]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#5]
My guess would be a "shark Patrol". From what I understand guard units are being requested to overfly beaches and look for the beasties.

When I was in Savannah Ga we used to fly out over Tybee Island a lot. Chist, you should have seen all the sharks you could see from the air. So may in fact I started not swimming out so far when I went.

Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 6:41:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Agent Orange mixed with various mind controlling agents.....
ALL YOUR MOSQUITOS ARE BELONG TO US !!!!!
[img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/fart.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 6:45:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My guess would be a "shark Patrol". From what I understand guard units are being requested to overfly beaches and look for the beasties.

When I was in Savannah Ga we used to fly out over Tybee Island a lot. Chist, you should have seen all the sharks you could see from the air. So may in fact I started not swimming out so far when I went.

View Quote

Yeah, guys surf fishing and fishing from the piers are always reeling them in.  You should see the looks on the tourists face when they see that and you tell them that there are a lot of sharks in the area.  I usually have my .45 handy when I am out on the beach just in case I have to/get to shoot a damn shark.  I hate those things.

Where were you in Savannah, Hunter AAF??

Link Posted: 9/4/2001 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, I worked out of Hunter. My hang out was Doc's. Learned the fine art of "poling" someone while playing bumper pool there. Miss Beulah regularly kiked my ass though. There and the sports page. Can't beat Ho-Dad's Blue Monkey Heads!

EdIted To fiX some SpeeellInG ErrOrS
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 6:51:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yeah, I worked out of Hunter. My hang out was Doc's. Learned the fine art of "poling" someone while playing bumper pool there. Miss Beulah regularly kiked my ass though. There and the sports page. Can't beat Ho-Dad's Blue Monkey Heads!

EdIted To fiX some SpeeellInG ErrOrS
View Quote

I hang out at Doc's occasionally.  Know Wanda, the owner, and her son.  Wanda used to race BMW's in IMSA and Jack Baldwin used to drive for her, 20+ years ago.  Sports car fans know who Jack is.

Have met Miss Beulah, she's usually to the right as you come in the door at Doc's.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, it's bad to get your ass handed to you by an 80+ year old woman. Certainly when you are a bullet proof 20 something year old. Worst part was she would totally screw you, then daintily sip her vodka and whatever and giggle.

I changed the oil in Wanda's Jeep Cherokee for her once. Small world.

Link Posted: 9/4/2001 6:57:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yeah, it's bad to get your ass handed to you by an 80+ year old woman. Certainly when you are a bullet proof 20 something year old. Worst part was she would totally screw you, then daintily sip her vodka and whatever and giggle.

I changed the oil in Wanda's Jeep Cherokee for her once. Small world.

View Quote

Go to my thread about eye candy on the beach and see what was out there today.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 7:40:40 PM EDT
[#12]
btt
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#13]
LarryG-
  I live in the Thunderbolt area and have seen that exact chopper. I fly at Savannah Aviation. It is a Hughes 500. The Mosquito control owns that. It has woken me up early in the morning as well. If you ride by the Mosquito control building on Eisenhower you can see this very chopper behind the building if you look hard enough....    Oh, does this 'Wanda' lady work at a St. Michaels school? I remember somebody mention 80+ years old, and was curious.......
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
LarryG-
  I live in the Thunderbolt area and have seen that exact chopper. I fly at Savannah Aviation. It is a Hughes 500. The Mosquito control owns that. It has woken me up early in the morning as well. If you ride by the Mosquito control building on Eisenhower you can see this very chopper behind the building if you look hard enough....    Oh, does this 'Wanda' lady work at a St. Michaels school? I remember somebody mention 80+ years old, and was curious.......
View Quote

Wanda is MUCH younger, it is Miss Beulah that is 80+.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 8:04:11 PM EDT
[#15]
LarryG-

Oh, thanks for clearing that up............

No, neither did I didn't screw any of them....
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 8:57:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey, you guys need to stop going on about Savannah. You're making me homesick. [>(] I used to live right down the road from the mosquito folks and go to school right across the street from the misquito control (Come fall in line you men of ole' BC...)

Now, I'm trapped in the arm pit of the East Coast just down the road from the big cesspool (aka Washington DC). On the bright side, there're some hotty interns up this way. [}:D]

Hey, where do you guys shoot down there. I know they've closed the range over in SC. Do you guys take the trek down to Richmond Hill or Ridgeland? Anyway, have an iced tea for me (the stuff up here is horrendous), and beware of the black, er, yellow, helicopters. [;)]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#17]
That "mosquito control" crap is the biggest scam the government has ever perpetrated, IMHO.

See, what they do is, they dump Malathion all over everything.  That kills off all the bugs, including the sorts that eat mosquitos.  Then the local avian population eats all the dead/dying bugs, gets poisoned, and soon ya got no mo' birds either.

Then the only way to control the bugs is to dump ever-increasing amounts of Malathion and other poisons all over them.  Guaranteed job for life.

Meanwhile, everyone gets eaten alive by the mosquitos because there's nothing left to eat *them*.

I went through the same crap in C[r]ook County (Chicago area).  Don't even remember how many half-dead birds I took in to try to save them from the poison.  They're easy to spot -- a day or two after the spraying, they're the birds either sitting on the ground in a puddle of bird-crap or the ones hanging onto a treetrunk with a long streak of bird-crap underneath them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 10:14:41 AM EDT
[#18]
BTW, if you do see birds in that condition -- TAKE THEM HOME.  If they've survived the dosage so far, they can recover easily, as long as they're protected from predation.

Just put them in a cage or a covered aquarium, give them water, and pick up some bugs for food for them.  Even minimal care like that for two or three days will get them back on their wings -- they'll be safe until the next time the bastards dump Malathion all over everything. . . .
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 10:24:32 AM EDT
[#19]
You know guys, those pods don´t have much mosquito killer, they house the 7.62x51 SUU-11B/A subsystem. [:)]

And the color can be changed to [b]BLACK[/b] with the flick of a switch...............
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 7:16:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You know guys, those pods don´t have much mosquito killer, they house the 7.62x51 SUU-11B/A subsystem. [:)]

And the color can be changed to [b]BLACK[/b] with the flick of a switch...............
View Quote

I know, it's all done with mirrors.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 7:30:54 PM EDT
[#21]
All YOUR BEACH BABE BELONG TO US!!!!!.....[smoke]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top