Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2001 11:24:40 AM EDT
One Carbon-15 for $ale cheap.  It has had 50 rounds cycled through it, but only half actually fired so there is a lot less wear on the barrel...It comes with extra rounds jammed in the ejection port, (which does weigh it down somewhat).  Very versatile firearm-light strikes and jams equally well on Winchester, UMC, Georgia Arms, and other quality ammo.  Great fun to have at the range-  impress or amuse your shooting buddies with frequent jams and nonfires.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 11:27:05 AM EDT
[#1]
$10

You pay shipping.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 11:34:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 11:34:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I suggest taking it to a gun show before more people realize they are crap.

The best thing to do would be to sell it to a criminal that intends to use it in a crime. He probably wouldn't get one shot off before he was gunned downed by the cops.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#4]
You probably wouldn't get your money's worth at that price, unless the stock can be used on a real AR 15
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 11:38:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Actually, I do need advice.  If I sell them at the next gun show, do I have to tell the buyer that this thing is a piece of crap?  I wouldn't  want to screw someone else for a few bucks.  Are there any used gun dealers thet would buy the rifle and pistol?  How much should I ask for them realistically?
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 11:39:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry to hear your tale, but that's been the consensus about the carbons for awhile now.  The fact that parts don't interchange with a regular AR was the first tip-off for me.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#7]
hg112: $10
View Quote

$150 [i](So there!)[/i][:D]
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 11:40:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey raf-  I'll sell them any way and any where if someone really wants them.  I just wanna get a real AR 15 and save the carbon fiber for my bicycle frame
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I would suggest a "gun buyback" program.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 11:46:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 11:46:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Actually, I do need advice.  If I sell them at the next gun show, do I have to tell the buyer that this thing is a piece of crap?  I wouldn't  want to screw someone else for a few bucks.  Are there any used gun dealers thet would buy the rifle and pistol?  How much should I ask for them realistically?
View Quote

There are several new rifles on [url]www.gunbroker.com[/url]
for $600, they aren't selling.
Pistols are $530, not selling.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 11:54:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There are several new rifles on for $600, they aren't selling. Pistols are $530, not selling.
View Quote

There is one Carbon-15 pistol listed at $.01.
(Yes, there is a reserve)
[url]http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=1904691[/url]

NO BIDS!
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 12:38:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 12:51:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 2:43:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey you guys get a load of this crappy rifle no one has bid on: HA HA what a piece of crap.

[url]http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=1955853[/url]

Not even one bid, LOL.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 3:58:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 4:28:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 4:34:34 PM EDT
[#19]
xray- Is that with or without the Thermold 30 rounder? I like those Thermolds, they work fine out of my Colt..

Maybe I can use the rest to make a super soaker..
I bid 25 dollars..

Meplat
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 5:42:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Well guys, after all the CAR-15 bashing I've done since Saturday, I have to confess...
I finally got my Type 97 pistol to run properly...
...For now.[:)]

I screwed with this thing all morning on my workbench.
I Made a LOT of improvements.

1) I polished & radiused the feed ramps on the barrel extension...
(Feeds rounds now)

2) I straightened the BENT gas tube...
(Doesn't hit bolt carrier tube now)

3) I honed out the bolt carrier bore...
(carrier slides freely in upper receiver now)

4) I enlarged the ejector port height from .450" to .510" and chamfered the inner edges.
(Fully ejects cases now)

5) I replaced the ejector claw & installed a heavier ejector spring.
(Fully extracts cases now)

6) Ground back of hammer down a little...
(Doesn't collide with disconnector now)

7) Ground both sides of trigger at pin pivot area...
(Was VERY tight in lower receiver)

8) Polished ramp on hammer...
(Cycles smoother now)

.....After I did all this work, I took the gun to the range...
.....AGAIN

This time, the gun ran 100%.
BELIEVE IT OR NOT !!!
I WAS ASTONISHED !!!

It still doesn't like the USGI mags, seems they fit quite loose in the mag well.
I could get the gun to shoot all 30 rounds from a USGI mag, if I pushed forward at the base of the mag. This would angle the rounds up in front, and they fed every time...  
Every single time I used a Thermold mag, it ran all 30 rounds perfectly...Slow fire, Rapid fire, you name it...
I beat the shit out of this gun today, and it passed with flying colors...
I shot 12 30-rounders through it today, all cycled perfectly.
Out of the mag, into the chamber, FIRED, extracted, and ejected.
360 times...

Although today was a success, the jury is still out on this thing.

When I put 700 more through it successfully, I will say "it works"
4 of my buddies were with me today at the range, and they all shot this thing.
They all knew how bad this gun shot 2 days ago, and all were surprised at how much different it was...

They all said I should go work for Professional Ordnance...[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Garry make it green and I might be interested.That is when I get my upper back from PO.That is if UPS didnt loose it.Its been almoist two weeks without a word.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Dragracerart-  have you thought of offering your gun repair and rebuilding skills to us Carbon 15 pistol owners?  It would probably be a better alternative than dumping it in a pawn shop for $150.....
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:05:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey Armalite Fan -- consider yourself lucky if UPS loses your gun.  You can take the UPS check and get something safer and reliable!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:10:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm not lucky enough for them to loose it.If this was anything else it would sound funny.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#25]
[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0JQBFVEQMx9c!!cOjowTuM1hQq3aPYu1C0i3TibN478XrfyJuRxGqlMR1z3FNSVVu/15.jpg[/img]

[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0JwBFVKMMZuZgcIClv*oJhUts!fNGlNrA49jP1BQJJ!dZl7NbZI!HLAaoCVEzB9nN/15-2.jpg[/img]

The rear pin hole is about half the diameter off.I geuss you could use something like epoxy or JB weld to close the old hole and drill a new one so a standard upper would fit.You can also use a CAR stock if there is not enough room for bolt travel.Or modify an upper to fit on it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#26]
The sad thing is that I had a Bushmaster LE gun for sell that a cop backed out on to instead buy a Carbon-15 for $100 more.  All I can say to that guy is "I hope your stupidity comes back to bite you when that Carbon-15 jams up on you in a fire fight."
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:43:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Dragracerart-  have you thought of offering your gun repair and rebuilding skills to us Carbon 15 pistol owners?  It would probably be a better alternative than dumping it in a pawn shop for $150.....
View Quote

I'd certainly consider it...
I was just DETERMINED to make mine work...
It seems like all the metal parts on the gun are very nicely made and "finished"
Just seems like the "Carbon" part of the gun needs a little "Porting" and "Polishing"

If Professional Ordnance did just a little more finish work on their uppers, and replaced their bolts with GI units, the guns would work a whole lot better...
All of the work I did to my gun is BARELY noticeable...

I will work on getting some pictures posted in a few minutes...  
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 9:05:25 PM EDT
[#28]
OK guys...

Wanna fix your Carbon-15's ???

HERE'S YOUR PICTURES...

No guarantee this will work on your guns, but it definately fixed mine.

[red][url]community.webtv.net/YULLOSE/CAR15mods[/url][/red]

If anyone wants to post the pics in this thread, feel free to do so...
I don't have a photo hosting site, only a website w/pics.

I'll post a new topic in the MFG's forum with this link to the pics... Maybe it will help point somebody else in the right direction...

If you want ME to work on your guns, drop me an E-mail, I'll do my best to help you out...

I understand "Garryowen" knows quite a bit about these guns...
Maybe give him a try too...
(I don't wanna step on any toes)
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 12:40:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 12:57:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Dragracerart,
Great photos and suggestions.  I am real glad I went with a Bushmaster(s).  I don't have your skills and need the gun to work.
Thanks
VF
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 1:54:00 PM EDT
[#31]
My experience with the Carbon 15 places them all in one of these conditions:  never worked and never will, worked briefly and broke,  works right now but won't work for long.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Garry I'll let you know when I get it back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top