Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2001 5:27:46 PM EDT
Anyone own one or have any general experience with these guns I have never been much of a pistol guy only revolvers but this baby is calling my name. I have intentionally stayed away from the local gunstore but I had this dream last night and I think I just have to have it but I dont want to get stuck with a clunker.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 7:16:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I have shot the LDA in .45acp with hi-cap mags.
This thing is nice it is not mine but would add to my list in a heart beat if my funds where right.Not really sure how they hold up etc..
But for out of the box firing i was/am still in heat.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 7:23:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the 14-45 LDA and I have to say mine functions flawlessly.  I have the hicaps for it and the whole nine yards.  Have never had to do any accurizing work or anything.  The gun is very accurate (about as accurate as it can be with me shooting it because I am no expert marksman).  All dealings I have had with the company have been A+++.  Have called the company 3 times and have never gotten an answering machine or computerized switchboard seems kind-of uncommon anymore).  I definately do not regret my purchase of this gun and would buy it all over again.  If I can answer any questions for you please let me know.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 11:32:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I love my LDA 1445, in all stainless.  Not as silky smooth as a Sig 220, but rock solid after a 1000 rds.  Gotta love those hi caps, too.  You can carry it cocked and locked, although too big to conceal easily.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 12:12:23 PM EDT
[#4]
My wife gave a 7-45 LDA for last Christmas. Love it. Only about 600 rds so far but no problems at all.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn looks like Im gonna have to go into the poorhouse now, the only thing that would have stopped me would have been some posts saying it is a POS.

Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 12:45:53 PM EDT
[#6]
A double action 1911 clone.  sounds like a commie plot to me!  
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 3:46:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Damn looks like Im gonna have to go into the poorhouse now, the only thing that would have stopped me would have been some posts saying it is a POS.

Thanks for the input.
View Quote

Most of the ones I hear are ones that don't like the fact that it is double action.  I have not heard anyone who actually used or owns one of the guns have any problem.  The local gun shop here keeps 5 - 7 of them on hand at a time.  Doens't seem like they can be that bad to me.  I do not believe you would be dissatisfied with the purchase of Para Ordnance.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 7:15:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I own a Sig P220.But the P14-45 kicks ass.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 8:08:22 PM EDT
[#9]
My P-12 LDA shoots great. The finish on my p-12 limited wore alittle bit. Maybe I was holding it a little too hard. [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top