Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 9/2/2001 4:18:08 PM EST
I own several AR's, tactical scatterguns, a couple sniper rifles, and some real nice duty and combat pistols. Could never justify spending money on a .22 rifle. I finally bought one, and will take it to the range this week to see why the .22's seem to have a cult following much like the ar15 fans. I got a Ruger 10/22 with a Shilen 18" heavy barrel, Volquarsten laminated stock with high cheek rest, stainless receiver with a custom 2lb. crisp trigger, and a Leupold VariX III 2.5 - 8 power scope with complete Leupold mounts, and low rings. I paid $600. This "mouse" gun had better shoot nails! Did I get a good deal? Recommended loads for accuracy? Loads for hunting? Do I need a spare parts kit? Any feedback would be appreciated since I'm new to the .22 world. ***ptp
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 4:19:48 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 4:29:52 PM EST
Sounds like you got a good one...only thing I would worry about is who did the work.....bought my first 10-22 in 1967 for 65 dollars brand spankin` new....been spoutin` thousands of rounds through them ever since.....(have 4 now -I think)...spare parts?....not likely.........FUN WOW!........[:)]
Top Top