Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2001 9:35:01 PM EDT
you have to educate your women about firearms!  I do not understand the guys that marry anti-gun or gun-stupid woman.

At a party over the weekend every guy there asked to see an AK and an AR and thought they were really cool.  But then their woman came over and made comments such as:

"No you aren't getting a gun"

"Guns are dangerous put them away"

and what really got me mad was this comment

"ewh those guns are automatics that kill people".

And two of the guys are/were police officers.  Damn it guys, is the pussy that good that you will give away your right to own a gun for it?  Is the relationship so great and open that you can discuss anything?  Obviously not, since all three guys were put in their place when it came to guns and it's very obvious that the woman have no clue what they are looking at.

I swear if the AW ban is signed back into law, you can't blamed GW Bush for it.  It's probably your own damn wives and girlfriends that voted for the anti-gunners in the House and Senate.  You have to educate your women.

For you married guys, I don't know what you were thinking but now you have no choice but to educate them.  For the single guys, if you are with an anti-gun or gun-stupid girl, try to educate her.  If she doesn't see the light dump her and tell her why.

This is the second party at someone else's house that I've been to where the mothers didn't have a problem with people owning guns or hunting guns but they didn't want anything do with them or even to see them.  Since I was a guest I stayed quite.

But at my families 4th of July party, the younger girls, 18 and 19, didn't want much to do with guns and were afraid of them.  By the time I got done with them, they were shooting to handguns at the same time.

I'm getting really sick and tired of women making negative comments about guns, when they are married to supposedly pro-gun men.  Men do your job and educate the women.  They vote and if they are already telling you that you can't buy a gun I'm willing to bet they will vote for an anti-gun politician that says you shouldn't have a gun as well.

Ok, rant off.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2001 9:39:57 PM EDT
[#1]
40DD
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 10:05:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Whew!, Ok.... Great points, but you've missed one very important piece to the gun acceptance equation.

[b]Fathers, [/b]teach your daughters responsible and safe handling and use of firearms.  It raises a new crop of mothers and wives that have knowledge and general experience of firearms.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 10:09:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Women are the jackasses of the spices.

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 10:14:35 PM EDT
[#4]
My wife is cool with guns, she does know they are an important/necessory tool. However she is still scared of them, I have tried to make her shoot but, in the end she backs off.

She sometimes gives me lip when purchasing but, it's because of finances, not because she thinks I shouldn't have it, which is understanding.   [uzi]
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 10:16:37 PM EDT
[#5]
My daughter is quite well versed in the use of firearms, she likes to shoot, she's pretty good at it and is used to seeing me clean/maintain our guns at home.

And none of you are invited over to the house!

Link Posted: 9/1/2001 10:32:26 PM EDT
[#6]
SWIRE you are so correct!!

I swear "Soccer Moms" present & future will be the downfall of us gun loving types!!

Honestly it usually comes down to ignorance.

Most fear originates from ignorance!
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 10:34:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 10:57:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Ding ding ding!  We have a winner, folks.

Common sense is learned from birth, as are many other things.  People who grow up in environments without common sense, morals, a sense of self-worth, etc. are very hard to "fix" later.  Unfortunately, far too little emphasis is placed upon raising children properly these days, as it requires some selflessness, inconvienence, and responsibility from parents who are loathe to give up their self-centered lifestyles.

I make it a point to take women and kids to the range.  It's SO important, and so easy...

-Troy
View Quote

I've got mostly daughters (6), You have any sons?  Sounds like a match made in Heaven.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 11:06:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Big tits aside, I'm in the same situation as Palmer. She is comin around here lately though, and try to get your ol' lady's girlfriends out to shoot. You'd be suprised how many of them are willing to go, just nobody asks 'em.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 1:20:51 PM EDT
[#10]
The downside to teaching your daughters how to shoot is that it makes them that much more desireable to the guys you already have trouble keeping away with the shotgun, m-60 and claymores. Just imagine imbroglio after your daughter. :)
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 7:57:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Agreed wholeheartedly.  On the very first date that I ever had "alone" with my wife, she learned how to break down a Glock 17 and was informed that she needed a CCL.  No way I could live with an anti - I'd stoop to name caaling too quick and it would go downhill from there.

Tate
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top